• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND SPANKING NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has a Creek running through it, 2 car garage, I am planning on building a deck in the near future to fish off of......

Attachments

• %21cid_005701c85c4d%24cdb09c80%242101a8c0%40Martha%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    %21cid_005701c85c4d%24cdb09c80%242101a8c0%40Martha%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 533
  • %21cid_005801c85c4d%24cdb09c80%242101a8c0%40Martha%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    %21cid_005801c85c4d%24cdb09c80%242101a8c0%40Martha%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 584

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
HA! It's a hillbilly house that Frank LLoyd Wright would be proud of!

(Research FLW's Fallingwater house if you are curious)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure looks big enough that it should have been a double wide. I worked on a crew that delivered and set up mobile homes one summer while in college. In Ohio you have to get a route provided by the State Police before you do anything. Looks like whoever gave them permission to cross that bridge screwed up big time. Sure gonna cost somebody a whole lot of cash.

I've made fun of hillbilly houses too, but they are making them a whole lot nicer nowdays. I saw one assembled on the discovery channel that had trusses that were hinged and laid down for transport. Once in place they raised the hinged rafters and it had a very nice looking roof line. Much steeper than traditional 'hillbilly homes'.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
that bridge they have built under the house will never work....great piccy.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I must be a mind reader. Somehow I know that everyone there is thinking "Now what?". :pat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you were the engineer in charge, how would you proceed to get it out of there? A crane?

mak2

If you were the engineer in charge, how would you proceed to get it out of there? A crane?

That is exactly what I was going to say, how do you get it off there without breaking it. More pics might be in order here, how did they do it?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

I would jack up both ends of the house and put some tall "I" beams spanning the creek and plank it with some heavy timber and pull it off with a ramp on the downside (and some vertical supports going down into the creek). Cheaper than a crane, which would be pretty pricey for the size needed to take that out...

P

Pigtails

Has a Creek running through it, 2 car garage, I am planning on building a deck in the near future to fish off of......

WOW MIKE!! Can I come and go fishing? I wonder if the stream has wal eye in it?? hehe. or Maybe Trout.. no, I think the fish are hibernating right now.. OH WELL too bad. Maybe next summer.. hehehehe..Nice Bridge though.. :yum: :yum:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
heres a thought, the frame of the house is obviously more than what was there, take the house off and leave the framing for the bridge. Next time take the longer route!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
another thought, I dont want that house now, wonder what stress that might have caused on the framing, walls, roof, plumbing etc.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I dunno - that doesn't look so bad to me.

I mean, you never have to worry about your teenager denting the garage door...
And no one's gonna complain that your tools are taking up too much room in the garage when it's supposed to be for cars...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
another thought, I dont want that house now, wonder what stress that might have caused on the framing, walls, roof, plumbing etc.

Exactly, I'd check for cracks in the ceiling.. you know that thing had to have suffered some sort of stress.. it's a wonder it didn't split in half.:smileywac

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What do you mean .. plumbing. Everything just drops straight through the floor into the creek. County sanitation department is going to have a fit, not to mention the water quality natzis!!!!

I'm with fogtender, jack it up, steel beams underneath, plank it, attach wheels and pull it off.

Chetdb

Just came across this thread ... the thing I noticed ... not a mobile home per say ... stick built being moved with I beams under it to hold house up on wheels.
Just my thought.
Chet

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to agree with you on that. You can see the extra dolly wheels laying under it. A 2 car garage on the end is not something you see on a single wide. The hip roof is not a manufactured style either. Probably did it without getting permits and routes set out. Hope some one had good insurance.