• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did not Expect this today

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have tilled over this area must be 40 times in the last ten years. I knew there was a pile of barb wire and fence posts on my neighbors property but did not realize the wire was buried yet under my property. Well now it is all on my property. Two hours later I had it all out.

Attachments

• tiller1.jpg
    tiller1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 376
  • tiller2.jpg
    tiller2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 379

mak2

I rototilled for hours today with a front tined rototiller (sod). Next year I will vote Republican for somebody if you let me borrow that.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I rototilled for hours today with a front tined rototiller (sod). Next year I will vote Republican for somebody if you let me borrow that.

You can borrow it any time as long as you vote for who/what you think is right. Problem is your a long ways a way and it would cost you more getting and returning it than it would cost to just hire it out.

Lia

Banned
I had to clear an area on some of my land last year; of course I didn't have a machine like that, mine is a petrol hand rotovator. I didn't do it myself, I had someone come and do it for me, but being a feisty gal I just had to try it out for myself one time. Demmed thing was so hefty that when I started it up it ran away with me. :yum:

I was afraid to let go as I had one of my dogs, my Poodle with me, (she kinda doesn't leave my side if'n she can help it) and, stupid thing I know, but when my Uncle Tommy, who was with me showed me how to start it up, the demmed fool forgot to tell me how to stop it, and when I kept shouting for him to help me, he was laughing too much to come to my assistance. I was running all over the place with it until I finally thought to let go... doh!!!

I'm just er... biding my time now. *fumes* I got me a long memory and I'll think of summat to get him back. lol

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Vindictive woman with machinery? Not a good thing!! As for the barbed wire, I have not gotten it tangled in my tiller but nylon baler twine from the manure pile is bad news also. Takes a long time to cut it all free. I just cleaned mine all up around the tines a few days ago.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Ouch , Glad it didn,t tear anything up . good thing you got it shut down before the post got into the tines them hedge posts can do some real damage . :unsure:

I did a similiar thing a few years back while bushhogging , Bad thing was the fence was still up , I just caught a loose edge & before I knew it I had a couple of hundred feet of barbwire flying around my head like a whip before I was able to get it shut down . :hammer: I consider myself very lucky to still be around , Wasn,t my proudest moment :biggrin: . I never even went back out that day because I was shaking so bad . Spent the whole next day getting it out of the blades though :hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ouch , Glad it didn,t tear anything up . good thing you got it shut down before the post got into the tines them hedge posts can do some real damage . :unsure:

Cowboy I got to watch the pile come flying at me faster than you think. It was about twenty feet away when it started. The pole did lock it up and the slip clutch did it's job.

I just cut one piece at a time with a snippers. I had to cut each single strand in the wire as my snippers wouldn't cut both at one time. My cutting torch was at my cabin or it would have been done much faster.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:eek: What a mess Murph. Glad nothing was permanently damaged. I have a mess of barbed wire that was left on my property by the previous owners. It's in the reminints of an old barn (just sandstone walls on 3 sides ...that's all that's left).
I've considered clearing it out, but more likely I'm going to have it all dozed over later this year.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Did something like that with a tow behind the fourwheerer brush hog. Ran over the dog's "electric radio" fence that went around about a three acre area to keep him from running off into the woods. Anyway it caught it and wrapped/cut it as it went. The two tires in the unit looked like a pin cushion with 2" pieces of 14 gauge wire impaled in it. The two rear fourwheerer tires didn't fare out any better, had to put about twenty plugs into the tires there just to keep air in them. After about pulling fifty pieces or so from the bushhogs tires (each) I just went and bought new ones.

Even had a couple pieces stuck into the back of my heavy leather boots I was wearing... Not good, but normally I would have been wearing tennis type shoes, so it was good!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My wife told me she was proud of me over this deal.. :confused2: Yep she figured I would have cussed away for an hour or so but not even once did I cuss. She thinks there may be some good in me yet after all. :yum::yum: Which means she is going to keep me around for a while yet. :unsure:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I don't know Murph...you and your kinky ideas with barbwire was one day gonna end in tears....what a mess.

Leave the Kinky foreplay to the pro's:yum::yum::yum: