• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
78 degrees here today. Oh, happy day!! Worked outside with the chain saw cleaning up from dropping some trees back in December. Just about done and I was sweating bullets in the heat. It felt great!!

Then BBQ some burgers on the Weber, washed it down with a ice cold Mich Ultra. All in all a great day!! Tired as hell now, though. How in hell did I used to bust my ass all day at work, then party at night, then get up the next morning and do it all over again. Oh, wait, I was a hell of a lot younger then. :yum::yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This was during the dinner time at work.
Some heavy wind,rain and even hail ( a few crashes and bangs too)
It was over quickly.

Going to be nice and warm during the week.

Attachments

• 17634777_1530723086958397_945896589179772622_n.png
    17634777_1530723086958397_945896589179772622_n.png
    339.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 17800300_1530771280286911_951511073941617926_n.png
    17800300_1530771280286911_951511073941617926_n.png
    319 KB · Views: 117

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
How in hell did I used to bust my ass all day at work, then party at night, then get up the next morning and do it all over again. Oh, wait, I was a hell of a lot younger then. :yum::yum::yum:

Amen to that brother.

We were supposed to get thunder storms late this morning but never got more than a few sprinkles.

We were supposed to get more thunder storms this evening and Oh My Lord, the heavens opened up. It only lasted a short time though but we have bands of heavy rain coming through at intervals. It's supposed to last until morning.

We lost satellite TV signal about 9 o'clock so it's a quiet evening at the house. I might even have to talk to my wife. :biggrin: Nah, I'll get my book and go read instead. (It's a good job my wife doesn't look at this board or it would be EastTexFrank - deceased.)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We are in a severe weather warning for the next 24 hours. It's freezing rain with a predicted 5-10cms of freezing rain mixed with ice and snow. Along with very strong winds.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So here's what we're dealing with. So far it's just the beginning of the storm they are saying. I used a rubber mallot to break into my truck as we are having my daughter's birthday this evening and her presents were hidden in the truck.
d30f5dfa776ed1e234d39ea45fe3f81c.jpg
8323be15275bcb18932d2923861efff2.jpg
b60835ea1dbf9012e650d3c1025d00b3.jpg
e949ee7be1ac267b405a2bd60b5d84e3.jpg
d98e16eb8b6a930cfc7b2bf8e75cc7f8.jpg
bf670e28a069fdb773aaf099e3796ab5.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we're going to continue to get nailed till tomorrow afternoon. So far I went out to break into the truck this morning. The thing is one big block of ice. Our driveway is a skating rink. Literally. I have seen several videos of people throughout the city skating right down the middle of the street with skates on. And no road closures right in the city though most highways are closed.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/thunder-bay/ice-storm-thunder-bay-weather-1.4086808

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a break in the weather overnight but more freezing rain is forecast for this morning. I just spent 45 minutes chizzling an inch of ice off the truck as I have to go out this morning for a doctor's appointment that was rescheduled from yesterday. Hopefully it won't be cancelled today.

Bamby

IMHO a person in your condition has no got-damn business being out stumbling around in weather conditions like you're experiencing. Do you have a death wish or something? :hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know. Thankfully the ice came down in a mixture for sleet and a little snow as well so its not slippery out there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Heavy rains hit here with wind around 6ish.

This is the 5th year anniversary of that derecho (2012)- remember it well.

Might get more bad weather early morning hours, I think they said around 3am.

Attachments

• wx1.jpg
    wx1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 154

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well now. Last night we were at our local scout camp for a bonfire event. The weather was mild and sunny. Woke up this morning to near hurricane force winds. Power knocked out all around the city. Trees down etc. It's a mixture of rain and SNOW!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The bulk of the storm has slowly been working it's way towards us. It's been raining and windy all day but only 40km from here heading west the highway is closed due to poor road conditions and multiple accidents. Here, we haven't seen snow yet this year till about 20 minutes ago.
283dffc9124b0222408847ebd3d2f1a9.jpg
ce5b689cf422efbc1543a7bf74d6748a.jpg
c930edfb01c8d95c48505285c1704d43.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in quite a mess right now. It rained hard here all day yesterday. Overnight it changed to freezing rain. At 5am it started snowing. Now it's like this.....
87a3f9233f5f0b8361d1dea79edd85a1.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Very windy. Blowing snow. When I went to bed we had no snow. The sidewalks and roads were covered in puddles. Now that's all ice under the snow.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
:winterrulGetting bellow 80 here in the afternoons . . . Brrrrrrrr . . .

(I like the new Smilies Doc.)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well now. The red indicates extreme weather alerts in effect right now. It's a balmy -30 here now without the wind. Windchill factored in it's -48 Celsius.
a90cb5a23c589f795f38f1dbadabca52.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I get a kick out of all the wussies in southern Ontario. It's -15 there and they are ready to call in the national guard. It's all over the news how it's soo cold there and they should all stay indoors. It's been the same temperature here for a month and not a mention of it. Life goes on. People adapt. It's pathetic really.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
-20F this morning here. The wind is expected to kick up so they have wind chill warnings down to -45F.

I am just plain thankful I am not spending the day on a pole working. Those days were for a much younger man then I am. LOL.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Those days were for a much younger man then I am. LOL.

You got that right brother. I can't handle the cold these days. My joints seize up. The last few days in East Texas the high has been around 40°F and the morning low about freezing. I'm wearing an insulated jacket and look like the Michelin man. Our grand daughter who is visiting from Boston on her Christmas break from college and comes from Scotland is walking around wearing a T-shirt. She thinks that 40°F is pretty balmy for winter. It takes all kinds I suppose. She's going to find out what cold is all about when she returns to Boston on Friday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You got that right brother. I can't handle the cold these days. My joints seize up. The last few days in East Texas the high has been around 40°F and the morning low about freezing. I'm wearing an insulated jacket and look like the Michelin man. Our grand daughter who is visiting from Boston on her Christmas break from college and comes from Scotland is walking around wearing a T-shirt. She thinks that 40°F is pretty balmy for winter. It takes all kinds I suppose. She's going to find out what cold is all about when she returns to Boston on Friday.
Here you go. This should warm you up. A list of the coldest places on earth this morning. #3 and #4 are a 3 hour drive from me. #4 is my hometown.
eb1575478a19b9ee30ee76c8be1cca3a.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Here you go. This should warm you up. A list of the coldest places on earth this morning. #3 and #4 are a 3 hour drive from me. #4 is my hometown.
eb1575478a19b9ee30ee76c8be1cca3a.jpg

It hurts my bones to just read about those temps. The strange thing is that I still have a closet full of clothes that I wore in Wyoming during the winter many years ago when 40 below wasn't that uncommon. I was much younger and stupider then.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yay. Heat wave. It's up to -22 this morning. I hadn't been outside much this week since Christmas. I only went out two days ago for a few minutes to start the Yukon for the missus since the battery didn't have enough juice to turn it over with the remote start.