• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

All Time Great Player

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
For the Twins fans out there. Kirby Puckett suffered a stroke today.. Kirby

The story is attached. I don't know if many you remember the guy but he was always great to watch on and off the field. I admired him most until the day he was arrested for beating his wife. I think he disapointed many on that day.

murph

DAP

I remember seeing him playing left field ... some one hit a scorcher of a line drive over his head .. he gotta good jump on the ball and as it whizzed about 3 feet over his head, he stuck a bare hand up and caught it with his fingers.

Don't see that everyday.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I remember the big save in game 6 where he jumped up to prevent a home run. I have the book with the picture some place. I think he jumped higher than he was tall.

Kirbey passed away, he did not make it. Sad day in Minnesota

FoxSports

Espn

Funny how he was told all his life through High School and College he would never be a pro baseball player because of his height and build. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something.

murph

Last edited: