• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My wifes kinda sorta retirement party .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Its been a long week ( due to minor daily storm cleanup ) and a longer weekend ( more of the same ) getting ready for a lil get together for my wifes and now my closest friends but it was the best time ( with some glitches ) we have both had for years and I think most everyone that came out enjoyed it just as much . So I thought I would start a thread here instead of rants and raves because we are definatlly in our happy place all things considered . :clap:

I'm sure it will be boring to most but some might find some of it funny if not oh well . If all works out I will have some pics as well if anyone is interested , nuttin fancy just a few smiles and good times for the most part . Plus nobody got shot and everyone made it home safelly . :whistling:

Heres a pic of me last night trying to find my camera that have most of the pics on it, right below our little redneck park area on our half of the clear mountain stream that adjoins our property , Yes we have a really good imigination . :biggrin:

Attachments

• P4120040.JPG
    P4120040.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 170

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I didn't know there was water in the Ark that far west... :D
good to hear you both enjoyed the party.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
First, I sure hope that camera's waterproof.:w00t2:

Second, I like reading good stories of friends\family getting together to celebrate a personal milestone. That's what this life is about. Post away, Cowboy. I know I'll read it and enjoy every word and pic.:biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure it will be boring to most but some might find some of it funny if not oh well . If all works out I will have some pics as well if anyone is interested , nuttin fancy just a few smiles and good times for the most part .

Boring?
Nonsense!
Post away!! :smile:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Maybe it was laundry day!

And he took some dirty pictures so figured it needed washing too...

I'm just saying.....:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you find your camera? Did your wife really retire? Even if your camera is not waterproof I'm wondering if the SD card that stores the pics is waterproof?

I'm looking forward to more posts on all this Cowboy.

Yesterday while I was holding my newest grandbaby, Reese (1 1/2 months old) there was a news blip on saying that many people will have to work until they are 80 before they can retire. :eek: They also predicted in the future that will raise to 85. :eek: :eek: So the beautiful little baby I was holding might not be able to retire until the year 2096. :eek: :eek: :eek: What a depressing thought. :( This kind of news gives you even more reason to celebrate your wife's retirement.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Folks . Yes I did find the camera but not the same night & nope it aint waterproof . :doh: It stormed all the night after the party but the river didn't come up to much more so I went back down there after it quit raining around noon yesterday .

The sun came out and I was hopeing I might be able to spot a glare somewheres close to where I might have dropped it but I wasn't even sure where or when exactlly I did so Kinda the needle/haystack deal . But it bothered me all night because everyone was so disapointed that all the pics I took of my wife with everybody were on my camera . So I was on a mission even though the chance of finding it was slim , but saving the pics off the memory card were even smaller according to all of my research .

I looked around the banks and in the shallow water as far as I could from up high for an hour as I was just about to give up untill later when I could get back in with my wife guiding to about where I might have dropped it I spotted something that looked like it could be it in 4 inches of shallow water . So I went back to the house to get my wife so she could point me to what I was seeing from up high .

She was excited that there may be a chance so back down we went, even though she was still suffering from the 3/2 flue . :yum: Just getting back down the bank since it rained all night was much harder then the night before , but I slipped and saved myself several steps and of coarse when my wife heard the splash she busted out laughing while sayin Ya Alright :doh: . I got over to the island where I was standing taking the pics so I could see about where I went in the water when I lost it , while I was trying to catch two beers thrown to me from above for the two ladys that decided to join me in my picture shoot . wern't no prissy women at our party. :biggrin:

She pointed me to what we could see from the top and she said that was exactlly the area where I caught the beers so it was looking good until I found out it was just a leaf stuck in the sand underwater throwing off a reflection . :sad:

But then she told me she had looked at the pics that next morning of when it happened and I was in the right spot . So we had a quick discussion of IF she had Pics on her camera why the hell didn't she tell me last night so I could look at them on the camera while I was allready soaked . :hammer:

At any rate I kept looking in the area and there is a fairlly deep hole just a few feet from the log that was washed out because of the current so I went into see if I can feel anything , after waking up a large flathead and feeling around a bit more there it was down in the washout . I really wanted to bring the flathead up with me but decided that probablly wouldn't be a good thing to do at the moment . :yum:

I held it up ( the camera ) and she was tickled pink even though she knew the chances were slim of recovering the pics . So I crawled back up the muddy bank and we jumped in the cart and headed back up to the house .

To be continued . But heres a few pics of before and after I lost it , but now I can see I wasn't even close to where I dropped it . BTW I did catch both beers for the ladys and never dropped mine . :biggrin:

Attachments

• P4120031.JPG
    P4120031.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 142
  • P4120032.JPG
    P4120032.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 144
  • P4120039.JPG
    P4120039.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 140

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you find your camera? Did your wife really retire? Even if your camera is not waterproof I'm wondering if the SD card that stores the pics is waterproof?

I'm looking forward to more posts on all this Cowboy.

Yesterday while I was holding my newest grandbaby, Reese (1 1/2 months old) there was a news blip on saying that many people will have to work until they are 80 before they can retire. :eek: They also predicted in the future that will raise to 85. :eek: :eek: So the beautiful little baby I was holding might not be able to retire until the year 2096. :eek: :eek: :eek: What a depressing thought. :( This kind of news gives you even more reason to celebrate your wife's retirement.
Thanks Doc . Yes I'm hoping she really did retire but it was kind of a forced earlly retirement due to some troubles within the company over the last few years . She had planned on retiring in about 4 or 5 years but I been wanting her to for quite awhile now so she can work from home on a little candle making buisness I have been setting up for her . Luckily its allready starting off perty good . :smile:

But yep I understand on the SS for the future generations , its just not something we even had planned on counting on, but were both perty cheap dates except its going to be quite expensive to keep her health insurance now. Sad for the grandkids though .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Take the battery out of the camera right away and pull the sd card. Set them where they get indirect sun for a few days and rotate the camera a few times. You may just be surprised how it turns out! The card should be ok after drying out.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you sure had some fun in that water! lol
Yep We perty much have fun at anything we do PG . This was just new to me having so many people at one time I never met before , but they are all great folks and really think a lot of my wife so it came real easy for me ( after several beers ) :biggrin:
Take the battery out of the camera right away and pull the sd card. Set them where they get indirect sun for a few days and rotate the camera a few times. You may just be surprised how it turns out! The card should be ok after drying out.

Yep did that but the card had allready got some corosion on the copper tabs , so I read ta wash it off with distilled water and stick it in some white rice to absorb the moisture . Took a few tries but I finally got them uploaded and everyones happy again . My cameras shot but its been screwin up lately anyway . aint but 100 dollar camera and lasted 10 years so I aint bitchin .

I noticed something in the second to the last pic I posted in the last post so I gota lookin closer and sure enough you can see right where I spun around after catching the beer the camera is still floating right on top of the water a few feet behind my left leg . Thats allmost exactlly where I found it except a little closer to the log in the hole . I never even realized my wife was taking pics of me until the next morning and never seen them untill after I found the damn thing . :doh:

The shots I took from the sandbar didn't turn out so great so I;m still trying to lighten up but all the important ones came out great& I'll post more later . :clap:

Attachments

• P6100032.JPG
    P6100032.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 139
  • P6100027.JPG
    P6100027.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 134
  • P6100029.JPG
    P6100029.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 133

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried to edit the pics the best I could , not all of them turned out so good but I saved the ones that was most important to Karla She's the one in the cowgirl hat BTW. :biggrin:

I also was late on getting the pics cuz I was working on my tractor when everyone arrived , then had to fire up the grill because more folks showed up then expected and we ran out of barbq . :doh:

At any rate it was a great time and everyone wants to do it again soon which I'm actually happy about because I enjoyed it myself. :biggrin: The one picture I mentioned the name of the company they all work at which is the reason for the "bird" , Last pic I had to convince my wife to let me use her camera :whistling:for the group pic of the last to leave . Thanks for looking .

FYI. Next party will involve gunpowder and less alachol, at least untill the "toys" are put away . :w00t2:

Attachments

• P6100006.JPG
    P6100006.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 118
  • P6100008.JPG
    P6100008.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 123
  • P6100012.JPG
    P6100012.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 120
  • P6100021.JPG
    P6100021.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 116
  • P6100025.JPG
    P6100025.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 118
  • P6100005.JPG
    P6100005.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 116
  • P4120042.JPG
    P4120042.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 118

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Super pics ........... !

I wanna visit sometime, you have a great looking piece of paradise!