• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Things kids do...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This thread is in the right place! I figured I'd start a thread for those of us who have kids to post their accomplishments, funny stories, things that just pi$$ed you off but you found yourself laughing about it afterwards. etc. Basically anything to do with your kids that put a smile on your face.(whether it be at the moment or afterwards):flowers:

I'll start first...

We had just moved into a new house. All the rooms where freshly painted. new flooring was installed throughout. The boys finally had their own rooms. Things were looking up for us. I had put my then year and a half old son to bed for the night in his new FRESHLY PAINTED room. He went down with no problems. A while later, I hear laughing coming from his room so I head upstairs to check on things. I walk into the room, flick on the light switch, look down at my hand and its covered in a fresh coat of brown crud.:unsure: There are brown spots all over the newly painted walls. The ceiling fan was covered. The window was covered. The bed and dresser was covered, the NEW white doors were covered. The floor was also smeared. :hammer:

My son stood there bare butt with a big smile on his face. He was also covered. Apparently it's fun for a kid to have a runny bowl movement in their diaper, take it off, and throw it up into the ceiling fan that was running full force. The wall still carries a few brown stains even though they had to be repainted. What a mess!!!:sad:

It's one of those stories that wasn't so funny at the time but we still talk about it six years later and laugh about it.:biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
When my eldest son Jeff was 4, I got him a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgG3Udre_Y"]Mortimer Ichabod Marker [/ame](remember those?)
He decided that instead of doing his Picture Pages book that I'd ordered from Captain Kangaroo as well, that he was going to use the wall paper in his room to write his name (which I was teaching him to learn to write at that time).

How could I get mad when I walked in his room, and saw "Jeffrey" written on just about every available space on one side of his bedroom wall?
Needless to say, Mom soon went to the Sherwin Williams store and got a new roll of paper.. and I never made a big fuss about it really.
He impressed me! :biggrin: LOL!

I have more.
Raising sons was an adventure!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my 8-month-old niece, raynin, is my 'lil luv-bug. she has a high-stress career already- here she is @ work the other day:
1.)raynin's upset that her staff hasn't prepped her bottle & put it on her desk yet. it's already 8:00. work, people, work!
2.)she dials her secretary to get her formula on her desk, STAT, & the line is consistently busy
3.)the tot looks away in utter disgust & considers leaving work to play her guitar- (see image 1- rayin's also in a band)
4.)she turns to yoga poses, & her secretary appears late. she demotes him immediately & calls me in to take his place

Attachments

• IMG_1037339.jpg
    IMG_1037339.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1091323.jpg
    IMG_1091323.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1075328.jpg
    IMG_1075328.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1088324.jpg
    IMG_1088324.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 78

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
raynin @ the office, continued-
1.)she punches the demoted employee
2.)i arrive & we chit-chat to calm her frazzled self
3.)i suggest she ditch the onsie for professional work gear, & i retire my tie-dye, as she is calmer now, though pissed yet
4.)raynin's demoted employee settles into his new office & plays on her laptop

Attachments

• IMG_1032338.jpg
    IMG_1032338.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1044333.jpg
    IMG_1044333.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1094289.jpg
    IMG_1094289.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1096322.jpg