• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My brother

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Need some prayer requests for him.

He woke up the other day feeling fine. All of a sudden he lost feeling in one arm. He went to get checked out. Long story short is he went for some testing where he lives and they sent him here for an mri and other tests. He was just admitted as he had a stroke. He's only 42 and was basically healthy. He's a police officer. I'm waiting for things to calm down then off to see him at the hospital.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers headed your bros way. So sorry to hear this. So young. :(

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Need some prayer requests for him.

He woke up the other day feeling fine. All of a sudden he lost feeling in one arm. He went to get checked out. Long story short is he went for some testing where he lives and they sent him here for an mri and other tests. He was just admitted as he had a stroke. He's only 42 and was basically healthy. He's a police officer. I'm waiting for things to calm down then off to see him at the hospital.

Prayers on the way.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets hope they find a cause and of course a cure for his stoke.

Certainly nothing to mess with, but recoverable with time.

Prayers sent..

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to see him. He's doing alright. They still don't know what caused the stroke. His arm is numb with no strength. He's in till Monday for sure.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
He's still in the hospital. They've done a whole slew of tests. This morning they did a scope into his heart and found a hole which allowed blood to clot causing the stroke. So he sees a cardiologist tomorrow to discuss options which might include open heart surgery.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More info. I guess the type of hole he has is very common and 1 in 4 people actually have similar holes. But where his is it allowed a blood clot to travel to his brain causing damage and a stroke. We're awaiting info on surgery to repair it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
More info. I guess the type of hole he has is very common and 1 in 4 people actually have similar holes. But where his is it allowed a blood clot to travel to his brain causing damage and a stroke. We're awaiting info on surgery to repair it.
Is it going to be an atrial repair from that PFO syndrome?
The youngest Osmond brother Jimmy had that undiscovered until he had a stroke.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Keep us informed on his progress. We'll keep sending the prayers.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m glad they’ve determined the problem. Some surgery and he will be on the mend.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My brother has been going through the ringer. So he had a repair job to fix a hole in his heart they believed was the cause of the blood clot that caused the first stroke. In December he began losing hearing in one ear and tests confirmed that he had another stroke which affected his hearing. Now he's coming back to the city tomorrow for another MRI as they believe he had a third stroke this week.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My brother has been going through the ringer. So he had a repair job to fix a hole in his heart they believed was the cause of the blood clot that caused the first stroke. In December he began losing hearing in one ear and tests confirmed that he had another stroke which affected his hearing. Now he's coming back to the city tomorrow for another MRI as they believe he had a third stroke this week.

Prayers for your brother. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. He's going through a lot of the same things I am but for different reasons. Being a police officer, he has to have full use and feeling in all of his body. These strokes have pretty much sidelined him for an unknown amount of time. The damage may be permanent. He's only in his mid 40s.

Don't we make a fine pair?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. He's going through a lot of the same things I am but for different reasons. Being a police officer, he has to have full use and feeling in all of his body. These strokes have pretty much sidelined him for an unknown amount of time. The damage may be permanent. He's only in his mid 40s.

Don't we make a fine pair?

Is he the brother that races the dirt track car?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I only have one brother. He can still race but even then, about halfway through a 30 lap race, he begins to lose steam. He can still drive but not for as long.