• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting your treasure home

Aaron Tucker

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_172234364.jpg
    IMG_20171005_172234364.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 238

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The records only show it was sold to the USAF in 1953 but not where it was delivered to.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
She floats home. Just your basic barn cat, hopefully not a mouser.

Attachments

• Nome floats home.jpg
    Nome floats home.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Nome in cat house.jpg
    Nome in cat house.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 174

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
While you had it floating with the excavator I figured you would just drop it for a couple weeks in your PB Blaster dunk tank!

Aaron Tucker

why use the excavator? cant you just roll it around LOL. I regularly move mine by hand just to grease the track and tighten up.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I think if you were to look back and see who Tucker originally sold that Tucker to it would probably say mr. and mrs. Claus. Looks cozy and warm now.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
white alice was built in 55.
Any surveillance stuff on it? Usaf built white alice

Only weird thing so far is a strange plug in on the side. Made for big amperage. Three pole. Have not been able to inspect the interior yet as the doors are rusted shut.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
While you had it floating with the excavator I figured you would just drop it for a couple weeks in your PB Blaster dunk tank!

Don't use PB Blaster, it's in a yellow can. Use Aero Kroil, comes in an ORANGE can. Kroil opened doors for me. Here is the electrical plug in, probably for jump start when cold.

Attachments

• Nome open doors.jpg
    Nome open doors.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Nome plug in.jpg
    Nome plug in.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 162

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, that is one of the jumpstart/salvage/battery connections found on old mil equipment. I will see if I still have the other end.

PJL

Aircraft external power plug. 28 volts DC. Probably used that because it was laying around.

Attachments

• 11-03158.jpg
    11-03158.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 158

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
No, that was a fairly common item for AF equipment. Allowed ground power units to jump, charge etc. Course, that also may lead one to surmise the power system in that tucker is 24 volt.

The other one from that era is a round two pin. Also 24 volt, but without the interlock pin.

Sno-Surfer

Kroil is the best and only stuff I use too. Heck, spray some on the tracks and motor and I bet she starts right up so you can drive her around the block in the morning.
:thumbup:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aircraft external power plug. 28 volts DC. Probably used that because it was laying around.

That red plug looks to be the exact right one. The four British Trans Antarctic Expedition Tuckers were 24 volt system configuration. Worked for the South Pole, maybe reverse POLARITY for the North Pole.

Attachments

• Nome plug 2.jpg
    Nome plug 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
That red plug looks to be the exact right one. The four British Trans Antarctic Expedition Tuckers were 24 volt system configuration. Worked for the South Pole, maybe reverse POLARITY for the North Pole.

so, the north pole is negative and the south pole it positive??? or bi-polar with reverse polarity