• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raptor fighters deployed to Middle East

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I figure they are to take out Iranian missile sites for the Israeli bombers or ours.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I figure they are to take out Iranian missile sites for the Israeli bombers or ours.

I doubt the Iranians have Anti Aircraft missle defense systems Which would require the sophistication present in the Raptors. F18's, even F 16's could handle them.

We did not use Raptors in Iraq, Afghanistan,or Pakistan.

Barry needs the jewish and independent votes to win in November.

This is pure military bluster, Brinkmanship if you will. The spear is aimed at the Iranians yes, but the show is for our American voters. Independents and those who would support Israel in particular, who are wavering in their support of the chosen one.

Check the recent Obama ad with Bill Clinton, of all people, bragging about the killing of Osama Bin ladenand posint the question that Romney might not have agreed to have him assasinated.

The raptors could have, should have, and would have been deployed three years ago, were it then in Barry's best interests. Why now?

Election time.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Why the Raptors? Why not just tell Israel - "go for it?"

Actually they cannot bomb Iran without our help. But they do not need support from Raptors. They need refueling tankers. Over Iraq. However, that puts Barry in support of their affirmative action. Not gonna happen.

Nope,this is pure showmanship for the audience which matters to him.

US voters.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually they cannot bomb Iran without our help. But they do not need support from Raptors. They need refueling tankers. Over Iraq. However, that puts Barry in support of their affirmative action. Not gonna happen.

Nope,this is pure showmanship for the audience which matters to him.

US voters.

BUT, if he were to supply air refueling tankers, they would need all the fighter support we could muster - F22's would do nicely.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
BUT, if he were to supply air refueling tankers, they would need all the fighter support we could muster - F22's would do nicely.

I would agree. But, so far that option,tankers,has been publicly rejected by the administration. Perhaps a sleight of hand on the CIC's part.

When the tankers show up, I'll grant your point but,,,,,,it would still be an election year stunt. My money says if the GOP complains in the slightest, he will call them cowards. Just as he has recently implied Mitt Romney would be.

President Obama has been in re-election mode since January 20, 2009. This is just a ramp up of his campaign. Too bad he isn't doing it for the country.