• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Firefox, Yahoo and Messenger

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else having problems today if you use these?
First of all, I am running Firefox 11. It's been crashing all day.

I log into my yahoo mail account and it says 'your session has expired, please log in again'.. what?????? After I JUST logged in?
Also been getting a lot of requests to be added on my messenger from God knows who.
5 times today, odd usernames.
Delete!
Now I don't know where anyone would access my email address on a forum, because I have my vCard option off.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am running Firefox11 on 2 computers with no problems. Might be a Yahoo problem as I have not gotten near as much mail today from all the damn groups the wife belongs to. Never messed with messenger for the last 10 years.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, right now I have to click 3 times to open a thread.
The screen keeps freezing up,as well as the scroll bar on the side of the page.
It's not as bad as it was before, but it's still there.
I did an Advanced SystemCare scan as well as Malwarebytes, Avast is secure.
Firefox is updated.. dunno.. maybe I need to dump Yahoo messenger or something.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, right now I have to click 3 times to open a thread.
The screen keeps freezing up,as well as the scroll bar on the side of the page.
It's not as bad as it was before, but it's still there.
I did an Advanced SystemCare scan as well as Malwarebytes, Avast is secure.
Firefox is updated.. dunno.. maybe I need to dump Yahoo messenger or something.
I finally got tired of messing with YM, and did exactly that PG. :wink:

Looks like your running the same security I am, so unless its a FF issue I think there is something conflicting between YM and one of the one's you mentioned, cuz those are the same problems I had before I removed YM. :unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, I think the biggest problem were some of the add-ons, extensions.
A couple of them said they weren't compatible with Firefox 11.
I disabled the DataMngr and Microsoft.NET Framework Assistant.
There are a lot of plugins that I had no idea were on here, and I think they must install without the pop up window asking for permission.

Used to take seconds for Firefox to come up, now it can take several minutes.
Last night, if I clicked on it a second time, I'd get two windows coming up.
Then I'd have to shut them both down, then start over and wait for the one window.

Once it's up, I can now open several windows in the browser to check other sites.
It was a bitch trying to do that last night.

Ditched Messenger this morning and downloaded it again, as it failed to pop up on boot.
Now it loads along with my anti-virus,smart defrag, and anti-spyware with no problem down in the task bar.

On the other hand, if I use IE.. it's faster than Firefox.. but I don't like it because none of my bookmarks are there, and I have a ton on Firefox.
Tried to figure out how to import them this morning, then ended up doing about a dozen one by one.
Grrrrrr.. yes, I am that dumb. LOL
Anyway, it seems not so bad this evening.
Guess I just got used to Firefox booting up really fast.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It could be a flashplayer 11 update. The last 2 for Firefox have had some issues. I ended up getting mine from adobe site under a tech issue port on their site. Still get one error when I call up local radar but everything else loads fine. If you have Firefox set to automatically load updates to add-ons it may have been an incomplete load of it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, when I tried to log into my Yahoo mail this evening (and FINALLY could), it said my account activity showed that I tried to recover my account password.
Really?
I know my password.
Hadn't checked it all day.

If you believe your account has been compromised, please change your password now. Choose a strong password.

(I did)

Regards,
Yahoo! Account Services

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That does not sound cool at all. I run Thunderbird and download all my mail to my pc so that is not an issue. I have never trusted Yahoo and the other servers for personal accounts. If somebody wants to hack mine they have to get through the dogs and me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am wondering if I should ditch FF 11 and try and retrieve Firefox 10?
This morning I was looking at support for issues of getting the whited page and freezes.
The instructions were to open Run, then to type in a word in command, then enter, then another word then enter- reset, then reboot.
I want my good old properly working Firefox back.
It's not that bad.. just annoying as hell.
Seems to go in fits and starts.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's time I get 11 off this damned thing.
It's getting worse all the time with the screen freezing and the mouse jumping all over the place.
Did a full system scan with avast and it came up with nothing.

Opened IE earlier today and my computer runs really fast with it.
Frustration..

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm running FF11 with no issues but I do not use yahoo messenger.
Have you run an anti spyware program? Spyware might be causing you these fits.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a strange problem with Firefox 11 today also. Normally I use Google as my default search engine even when looking for videos which also listed you tube also. Today it was you tube no longer existed according to Google so I opened IE 9 (also google as default search and found the listing for you tube just fine. Oh and one hour later it was working as it had in FireFox previous to this so not sure what the problem was.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Updated Malwarebytes, this is what it found.

Untitled.jpg