• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wtb tucker transfer case

yj junker

looking for a used transfer case/drop box for a 1978 tucker 1342,need the top gear and a chain for sure but will buy a used box if we can find one,any and all info greatly appreciated:doh:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PM Muley180 on here. He is parting out his Tucker and may have one that will work.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
looking for a used transfer case/drop box for a 1978 tucker 1342,need the top gear and a chain for sure but will buy a used box if we can find one,any and all info greatly appreciated:doh:

I have only dealt with 1979 and 1980 Tuckers, but there is no chain. There is an input gear, an idler gear and an output gear.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
ours has a chain and not sure if any parts are still available :(

Interesting....

I have a Tucker factory manual that came with a 1980 Tucker.

On most of the Tucker pages (some pages of the manual are from component suppliers) there's a date. The page on the transfer case is dated "3-79" and the part numbers and photos sure make it look like Tucker used one transfer case for the 1300, 1500, 1600, 1700 and 2700 series machines.

But there are other pages that show what looks like the same transfer case dated "1-76"....

There is also a page on Chevron letterhead with lubrication recommendations. That has both Power Transfer Case (Chain Drive) and Power Transfer Case (Gear Drive) listings.

Evidently they made both (for a while anyway). My suspicion is the chain drive version was installed in lighter-duty applications.

I would recommend you call Joe Barron at Tucker. Darn nice guy. Tucker's number is 1-866 SNO CAT 1. You might give SnoTrans a call too. He may have a used transfer case available. I know a new transfer case (from Tucker) is Big bucks.

yj junker

thanks Blackfoot,I have been talking to every tucker dealer I can and tucker head office too, apparently they started phasing out the chain style in 76 and they said they were surprised to see one in our 78,the chain is still available from Morse but the gear is not available any more from tucker so I have a machinist who is going to look at it tonight and see if he can make one, the new style t case will fit but the price is more then any tucker is worth LOL ,Never tried Sno trans till now and he said he will look and see :) he has a few there for older tucker that might work :)

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I was pretty sure the price of a new transfer case would get your attention!

My personal feeling is a gear driven transfer case is superior to a chain driven one.

IIRC in another of your posts you indicated the Tucker was your ATV club's. My assumption is the Tucker is used to pull some type of drag. If that's the situation I'd think you'd want the increased strength of a gear driven unit.

Hopefully SnoTrans can help you out. I assume you tried Cook's Equipment in Vermont and Track, Inc. in Minnesota?

Good Luck!

yj junker

tried those two and nothing available from them as of yet ,waiting on snotrans,I would love to find a gear drive rather then the chain,according to tucker they still use the same case for the newer small cats. We do haul a 8-18? mogul master copied drag with it .The machine was/is on its last legs for our usage ,we were hoping to get a couple more yrs out of it then purchase something newer with a blade and twin track design.we have trails that are very hard to groom with the tucker due to the tracks breaking threw the ice and getting caught under it and no way to back out :(