• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1986 LMC 1200 - Wiper Motor Repair Help

Sylvia Tunaskas

Was clearing the roof today and wet hard snow fell on the drivers side wiper arm. I heard a snap but no apparent external damage. The motor worked but the arm did not move. Pulled the motor and opened the case. There is a flat metal piece (see pictures) that broke. Apparently one end is attached with a c clip to the shaft that turns the wiper arm. The other end is attached to a pin that fits in a hole that determines the arc of the arm. (it is in the 100 slot) The passenger side motor has WWF12C18-730 on it and looks the same.

My questions:
1. Can the broken piece be replaced?
2. If not,what are my options?

I do not have the ability to manufacture the piece, but have general "backyard" repair ability.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• Reduced 1.jpg
    Reduced 1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Reduced 2.jpg
    Reduced 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 384
  • Reduced 3.jpg
    Reduced 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

schmidt

Ours broke on 1200B. I welded it and it worked fine. However, I got one from NAPA a few years ago for the other side. Sorry not sure of the part number.

weatherby

You have few options....Short of buying a new motor, and then it wont be exact because your motor is a American Bosch and there not made anymore, but there are motors being made today that will work in its place. another option is E-Bay, they can be found there sometimes. And then another option is to explore a salvage yard that has allot of heavy equipment such as older big trucks, older school buses, older tractors with cabs, or anything old with a windshield built around the early 60s to early 80s. I found some in a old road grader and also found some in a older combine tractor. Also post a add on the WTB (want to buy) section of this forum, you may have good luck there also. I know a forum member just sold those same motors to another member about a week ago.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i don't know just what you have for an arc but i getting ready to change a cab on a lull forklift and it has a bosch motor i think will work for my snow trac if a new one is in the cab kit i should be able to get a part number

brianf

you can buy new wiper motors from marine supply stores , they have many different shaft lengths and sizes, you can even get new arms and blades, but you pay a little more just because they say marine.

Sylvia Tunaskas

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. They are most helpful and I will get to them right away. Any others would be greatly appreciated.

scottc

go to defender.com stainless steel marine units bolt right in place $125
they have 3 different shaft lenghts
scott

Sylvia Tunaskas

Thanks for the leads. I did not realize how difficult it would be to locate this animal. Most listings are by automotive vehicle types. PM is on it's way. Thanks again for the help.