• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Has she realized that you are actually leaving? :yum:

She doesn't care either way.
She'll just revert back to the way it was before I came here.
Let the kids tear the house up, throw them in bed for naps so she can sleep, or not have to deal with them.
Not do anything domestic at all.

I'm sick of talking about it, never mind having to live it.
The End.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
She's starting to sound like my ex. Lazy. I remember having to leave for 3 days for work training and getting a call from the school halfway through the first day asking where the kids were. She couldn't even drag her butt out of bed to send them to school.
Yup. LAZY.
Do you know how many people have told me they are not surprised by any of the stuff I've told them?
My other son's ex wife and her used to be friends.
Oh the things I've been told.

Her own Mother warned me about how she is.
They aren't close at all.
She doesn't care about a damn thing but herself.
She's like a 14 year old who doesn't want to get up and face the world.
Everyone else has to do everything for her, including her Mother and step-dad who are raising her 7 year old son.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, she just got up to run into town for cigarettes because she's out.
Then: you need anything while I'm out?
She's getting us coffee from Tim Horton's drive thru.
See, and while she's getting through the door with the walker, I get all concerned and help her saying be careful.
She doesn't even need the walker anymore.
Sigh...
Who was it that told me I'm too damn nice.

Oh yes!
Everybody..
It's the ever patient nurse in me, that's what it is.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oooh, it acted like it wanted to come at me.
:yum:
20180721_150638-768x470.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been out and about in my 72' Trans Am. Moms have been grabbing their little kids, and wisking them away from the curb! :thumbup:

I did not even have to turn her loose either. Just the sound of all those 462 cubic inches of pure Pontiac Ram Air engine is all it takes. :clap:

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Mother is up and folding laundry and chasing her children.
I'm going out to dinner with my other son and Granddaughter.

Ty is in Kalamazoo and won't be home til late.

Later!
:smile::thumbup: :yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet car. I'm considering a vintage muscle car in a few years when the kids are older.

The sweetest part is I have been enjoying this old car since high school, and raised my kids in the back seat. I have had it for 42 years of it's life. For a 46 year old car, I think that is pretty darn good.... :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I would have loved that. Eventually I'll get something that goes vroom vroom.

On the homefront, we got one kid back from summer camp. Both the older girls are going today for a week. So I'll just have our 2 youngest boys for a week. Tonight we have a very rare night with no kids. When you have 7 kids in the house it's a nice well deserved break.

We are getting away in August just the two of us for 2 nights going to a 2 day outdoor Christian concert with many big name artists performing.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
Man that car brings back memories of the good old days!! I had a few that I sure wish I had still. They were 1960 Impala with the 348 engine with 3 carbs, a 63 Impala 409, a 68 Camaro with the 396, and my last toy was 58 Corvette which ran C-gas class. Man those were fun. Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a wonderful time last night out to a Mexican restaurant with my oldest son and grandie.
Even had a huge margarita.
Slept very well too.

Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out to bring the girls to summer camp for a week. Came home from camp this morning recovering from a hangover. Just found out that we will have no kids (that's 0 zip nada) for a whole 48 hours. Date night tonight after dropping off the kids.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoy Brian.

It's not been a bad day.
Ty made fried tilapia and sweet corn for dinner.
He and Ali went to do the late night grocery shopping.
I bathed the girls and tucked them in.
Wanted to attend mass this morning, but that didn't happen.
Just enjoying the quiet, with the windows open and central air off.
It's going to be cool for a while.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up early with the kids getting them breakfast so they could see their Daddy before he sat off for work.

They are doing something over at the dam, rebuilding around it.
I'll take a walk later and check it out.
With all the campers and other activities going on it's not quite as creepy being there alone for enjoying the environs and snapping pictures.
It's going to not reach 80°.
Nice.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from the week-end.

I built one of the sheds in the 95F heat. Took a swim.

Jessie's canoe launch went well and we fished most of Saturday evening. Fortunately nothing was biting. Except a wasp on my hand. To which I had an allergic reaction.

My Epi-Pen was in St Louis. Benadryl and booze got me thru the morning.

Sunday we finally went sailing. 25 years since I put a boat to the wind. Moonraker went to 5.5 knots in a 125 knot breeze. Despite tired sails, she pointed up wind extremely well.
Toasted our dad with the last Miller's.

Awesome day.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoying a totally kidfree day. Still up at 6am though as my back can't handle too long laying down.

Went out for supper with my lovely wife then surprised her with a slow walk out at a local conservatory area overlooking lake superior and the sleeping giant.

Went for breakfast this morning then a meeting with my lawyer. Came home and did a repair job on my wife's Yukon. (She accidentally backed into a concrete barrier which caved in the plastic outer bumper cover. I had previously taken the bumper off and used a rubber mallet and heat gun to pound the dent back out. Now I'm repainting it.

I may be going to pick up another kayak this evening. We have 3 already but they are basic Walmart quality. This one is a 13ft laker.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
13ft laker.

Think he would move to Los Angeles? Would be the tallest player in the NBA :yum:

Attachments

• CD1683C8-6611-40CC-966F-4BCEBD663271.png
    CD1683C8-6611-40CC-966F-4BCEBD663271.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 68

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from the week-end.

I built one of the sheds in the 95F heat. Took a swim.

Jessie's canoe launch went well and we fished most of Saturday evening. Fortunately nothing was biting. Except a wasp on my hand. To which I had an allergic reaction.

My Epi-Pen was in St Louis. Benadryl and booze got me thru the morning.

Sunday we finally went sailing. 25 years since I put a boat to the wind. Moonraker went to 5.5 knots in a 125 knot breeze. Despite tired sails, she pointed up wind extremely well.
Toasted our dad with the last Miller's.

Awesome day.

Uh that's a fast wind...sorry 15 knot breeze.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They've got the dam blocked off to rebuild the north bank, so I can't get in unless I drive or walk clear up the road.
It's not that important I guess.
Just got the kids down for naps.
Peeeace and quiet.
:smile:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmm, she just got up to run into town for cigarettes because she's out.
Then: you need anything while I'm out?
She's getting us coffee from Tim Horton's drive thru.
See, and while she's getting through the door with the walker, I get all concerned and help her saying be careful.
She doesn't even need the walker anymore.
Sigh...
Who was it that told me I'm too damn nice.

Oh yes!
Everybody..
It's the ever patient nurse in me, that's what it is.

Is she suffering from depression?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Downpours, muggy as hell and just plain not a good day for working outside. Sooooo, here I am cooped up in the house with Fox News on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.