• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mike AKA PineRidge died ... Details inside...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Re: Get well message...

I recieved the following email this afternoon. He was a great guy, but he is gone forever.....

Dear Paul,

Mike, my beloved husband and best friend (next to the two dogs that is)
passed away this morning at 7:55 AM EST after a brief illness. The coroner
is currently getting ready to do an autopsy to determine why Mike suddenly
died.

PERSONAL MESSAGE REMOVED.....

If you would like to call I'll be more than happy to talk with you about
the funeral arrangements.

Regards,
Rose

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OMG, I am so sorry to hear this.
I really liked Mike and have had the opportunity to meet him in person.
What a tragic loss.
Please pass on my condolences to his family if you can.

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Junk, I know you and Mike were close
My greatest condolences his family
I'm very sorry to hear the news

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy crap! I had no idea he was that ill. Sorry for any joking around. Hopefully nobody from TBN sends some sort of crass message to him via email that ends up offending his wife. Since he left there, I don't think it would really be proper to post there about what happened. Please send my condolences.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow, that is tragic news at it's worst.

Mike was a very helpful and kind person. I never recall him having a bad thing to say about anything.
I only knew Mike thru TBN and ForumsForums, and sent PMs and email back and forth. Mike was always willing to help any and all with anything that may have been a problem for them. I acutely remember his post on TBN about removing and installing the loader on a NH Boomer. Also, his personal website which he shared with everyone. Mike was very eager to share his wealth of knowledge thru that website, I know, I, myself picked up some excellent ideas from him.
His brand of humour and his thoughtful nature will especially be missed on these two websites.
My utmost condolences to the wonderful family Mike has left behind.

Rest in Peace Mike

johnday

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wow, I am so sorry about Mike. Mike and I use to kid each other over there on TBN. I am going to miss Mike and all of the little stabs we had at each other. We could harrass each other and then laugh at each other. He is one guy I truly wanted to go see face to face some day. I wish his family the best.

miss ya mike.

murph

LarryRB

Skurka, had it right. Last ten days and he has dealt with several deaths. I have two that I am doing now from my Heli-Vets group,. Now I read with great sadness that a fellow tractor man and great all around good guy has passed and they know not the reason.... Over the past I have had hundreds of discussions back and forth with Pineridge just as many as you fellows have had... Always one up for a gag, and in the next breath, one hundred per cent serious, if the need arose. I feel bad for his wife and family as the same for Bob Skurka and two fellow chopper guys.... May he rest in peace.. G-D bless all the family members involved.

Moon

Administrator
Unbelieveable ....guys, i thought this was a joke. I feel bad, but that was my first impression, coming from Junk and all.
I'm so sorry for Mike and his remaining family. Man oh Man, you just never know how much time you have left here on earth. Mike & his whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I never met Mike in person, but had many new holland discussions with him on TBN. He offered advice on an emergency heating problem I had over a holiday & I got it fixed doing what he advised me to try. He was a very stand up guy to know & I'll miss his presence greatly. May Gods mercy be upon Mikes family.... I'll miss you Mike ...............

AndyM

Charter Member

I'm shocked by this news...
I've met Mike on Multiple occasions and didn't see it coming. I've have to check into the arrangements... I'd like to make it a point to go since I only live 30 miles away.

JayC

Huh?
This is horrible news. I am completely shocked by it. I would have never guessed something like this happening. He will truly be missed.

RIP Mike:wave::halo:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

AndyM said:
I've have to check into the arrangements... I'd like to make it a point to go since I only live 30 miles away.
Andy,

I live pretty close as well. Can you let me know about the arrangements when you know something?
Mike was also helping me on a business venture. (the project where I'm working on building an old-west theme park). His insight and help was invaluable and I'll miss not having him give me ideas.

LarryRB

I looked throughout the TBN forums and couldn't find anything about Pineridge... where did you post it over there?

Last edited by a moderator:

v8dave

Wizard
Terrible news. Like others have said his sense of humor and willingness to put up with and prepretate pranks will be missed by all, most of all by his family. Tis a sad day indeed.

God bless you Mike.

Dave

Last edited:

BoneheadNW

I too thought it was a joke at first. I guess that is what happens when you spend most of your waking hours pulling practical jokes. My condolances to Mike's familiy and may he rest in peace. :halo:
Bonehead

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
LarryRB said:
Illoked throughout the TBN forums and couldn't find anything about Pineridge... where did you post it over there?

It was deleted after maybe 6 replies or so.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Mike was a member here and this is where the information belongs. I see no reason to post it anywhere else. Mike was a member of many forums and if the family cares to post the information to other sites, that is there prerogative, but the spread of the information should be left to them.
Morningwood Mortuaries is doing the services and they are using one of their finest coaches to commemorate his life. They are looking for some horses to pull the vehicle. Anyone have any draft horses they care to lend. Mike loved horses so much that is why this vehicle was picked.

attachment.php

Last edited:

JimR

Charter Member
I just left a message over there telling them that it was not a hoax and shame on them for thinking so. My condolances go out to pineRidge. I thought he was a stand up guy too. He will be missed.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Alright, if this is a hoax, then someone better tell Rose, because she is the one that sent me the email. Someone also better tell the embalmer, because it won't be long before there is formaldehyde flowing through his veins. I know that she is really ticked at him for leaving all these things undone that need to be done before winter. There is leaf raking, putting the garden to bed and then comes the snow. Who is going to plow the snow. The more I think about this, the more that I know she is going to kill him if he isn't really dead for leaving all this work for her to do. For this reason, I am going to start a pole to see how many people really believe that he is dead.

JimR

Charter Member
TBN has deleted all mention of PineRidge and my reply that they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Idiots.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Junk,

There is nothing for me to say that hasn't already been said on the subject, but, please accept my condolences and forward them on to his family.

I too never met him, but, looked forward to reading his muses and humor very much, not to mention his brand of common sense wisdom. I will also sorely miss him.

**God speed, Pineridge.**

:thankyou2

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
now....... for the rest of the story...

Just got off the phone with Rose. She was having a dream and she was sharing it with us. Good thing that her name is Rose, not Lorena and that she didn't have a irresistible urge to cut...... Mike might have wished he was dead. He is back home and reading about this now. Teach him to leave her alone with a computer. :eek:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This entire post is just sick. Fun is one thing...this doesn't fit into that category.:(

Glad I didn't get my horses ready to bring down...

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
Hey guys it is true that I was pretty sick, but in the immortal words of Mark Twain, "Reports of my death are premature."

It would seem as though in my absence a good friend has chosen an opertune moment to start the ball rolling on this ackward, out of control story. My friend and I have tradded friendly jabs at each other for years but I owe him dearly for this one. :moon:

I'll be civil and not mention the perps name here, but if anyone talks to Junkman tell him he best be looking over his shoulder from here on out. :eek:

As for the rest of you, well you're all just stuck with me. :)

Thanks for the nice send off though, it did bring a tear to my eye.........

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike,

Sorry to hear you were sick but definitely glad you're alive and back with us!!!
We should save this thread as a start of your send-off in 50 years from now.

Beenthere,

Glad you joined us!

Brian