• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
We found Kristi KT-3 S/N 00097 today a few miles from my home location. It is in remarkably good/very good condition and was running last winter. It is now parked at a mountain cabin in the Big Horn Mountains of WY. It was a prior Cellular One snow cat from the old marking that show under the newer paint. I will try to get pics next time I am in the area and post either here or on that other snowcat forum. :yum::w00t2:

Hey BobP are you still looking for one that really has been snow proven and can be actually used in the snow? This one is proof they do go over the snow as it made several 12 miles trips in and out last winter according to rumors from reliable sources.:thumb:

GIMME!!!!

please.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
At least the KT-3 has a proven record and ability in actual snow......:chicken:

Says who !!! You take that back !!!.... No wait:mellow: ... I think that was a compliment ...

HOLY COW EVERYBODY ! Mtnpooper wants to buy a KRISTI :clap:.

I know..... he did not say it in "so many words", but if you read between the lines, like a lot of FF members seem to be good at in coming to their baised conclusion in the political debate area , you will know I am right :clap::w00t::tongue::yum::yum:!!!
Mcbama in 2008 !!!!!!!:dancing:

redragtop

OK boys I've seen & heard enough I WANT A KRISTI , have looked all over the upper midwest of the US & came up empty handed. Been reading over the better halves shoulder for a couple of years and we are rebuilding a Thiokol ,now really I want my own machine! Topper has enough toys, time to let the some of the others play!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Member Flathorn still has 2 Kristis (KT-3s) for sale, but you better be quick...I'm wearing him down! :rolf2: I can also point you to a KT-2 that is for sale...and sort of a ragtop!

Last edited:

redragtop

Member Flathorn still has 2 Kristis (KT-3s) for sale, but you better be quick...I'm wearing him down! :rolf2: I can also point you to a KT-2 that is for sale...and sort of a ragtop!

I thought the 2 KT-3s were sold, we talked about heading that direction on a vacation, but it was his turn to pick where we are going this time. Last trip we went to Fayetteville, TN to get the horse trailer I bought on Ebay. Funny he don't let me visit Ebay after an evening out anymore:alc: :whistling:

KT-2 could be an interesting project for the up coming winter. Details please.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought the 2 KT-3s were sold, we talked about heading that direction on a vacation, but it was his turn to pick where we are going this time. Last trip we went to Fayetteville, TN to get the horse trailer I bought on Ebay. Funny he don't let me visit Ebay after an evening out anymore:alc: :whistling:

KT-2 could be an interesting project for the up coming winter. Details please.

A KT3 would be a lot better machine . You will freeze your tush off in the Rag Top KT2 .
Now what you really need is a KT7:whistling::brows:.

My KT3 is still in pieces as I am now restoring it ,otherwisw I would sale it with the matching Kristi tilt trailer.

flathorn

My 2 Kristi KT3s are still for sale. I parked them out by the road with for sale signs in them . They really stop traffic. First day I watched a guy on a Harley nearly ride into the ditch on the far side of the road while looking at them . The traffic to look at them has been non stop. Most people aren't really interested but stop to look because they are such cool looking machines. Coolest looking snowcat ever built in my opinion. Flathorn

redragtop

Flathorn where are your KT-3s at? Never know when we might get a wild hare and take a fall drive when work slows down.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Today was a BIG day on the snowcat tour. Spotted 4, that's FOUR, yards full of snowcats. Here's your first installment...a Tucker 'junkyard' near Leadville, CO.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 572
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 574
  • t3a.jpg
    t3a.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 569
  • t4a.jpg
    t4a.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 568
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 575
  • P7090034.jpg
    P7090034.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 570

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
In an equipment yard in Kellytown, CO.

Attachments

• kellytown 1.jpg
    kellytown 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 558
  • kellytown 2.jpg
    kellytown 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 555

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
A few cats from SafetyOne in Sedalia, CO.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 551
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 553
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 557

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
In the yard of a paving company in Sedalia, CO. The owner of the yard says he's letting a friend store these machines there.

Attachments

• sedalia 1.jpg
    sedalia 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 547
  • sedalia 2.jpg
    sedalia 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 547
  • sedalia 3.jpg
    sedalia 3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 546
  • sedalia 4.jpg
    sedalia 4.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 544
  • sedalia 5.jpg
    sedalia 5.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 541
  • sedalia 6.jpg
    sedalia 6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 545

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
These were in the yard of what I think was a welding shop in Sedalia, CO.

Attachments

• sed mil 1.JPG
    sed mil 1.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 529
  • sed mil 2.jpg
    sed mil 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 526
  • sed mil 3.jpg
    sed mil 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 527
  • sed mil 4.jpg
    sed mil 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 528
  • sed mil 5.jpg
    sed mil 5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 532

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Dont know if they own a KT-4 but if they do then that look like a beauty! Bet its not them. BUT the more I think of it who else would be dumb enough to own more than one Kristi........lmao! ok ok ok I'm sorry..............

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank goodness. All of those snowcats, and not a single crappy LameTrac! :poke:<--groomergitNWO

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Okay....I see a tucker graveyard, a Krusti Graveyard, a Thiokol graveyard.........but no LAMTRAC graveyard. Why is that?????

Cuz they take a lickin and keep on tickin..................just can't kill them machines!!!!!!!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
These were in the yard of what I think was a welding shop in Sedalia, CO.

A guy accross the highway has one of those track rigs in the bottom of the photo, his tracks are rotton and keep breaking, he has the old cable laced ones that are in four foot sections. They were amphibious and if I recall correctly, were built by Chrysler.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A guy accross the highway has one of those track rigs in the bottom of the photo, his tracks are rotton and keep breaking, he has the old cable laced ones that are in four foot sections. They were amphibious and if I recall correctly, were built by Chrysler.

Fogtender if he needs new track sections we have some brand new ones....
heavy to ship,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Lurking behind a gas station in Bartlett, NH. This cat sees action in the winters. Tracks are cut down a little but the blade sure ain't !!!:w00t:

Attachments

• PIXBartlettsnowcatW.jpg
    PIXBartlettsnowcatW.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 444