• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
This is from a member on my Land Rover Forum. Now this is what I like to see!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    202 KB · Views: 332

srexecmark

This is how I see most newer model Land Rovers. They are usually broken down so the snow just piles up on them! LOL hahahahaha

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is how I see most newer model Land Rovers. They are usually broken down so the snow just piles up on them! LOL hahahahaha
Yup, I've noticed that too. Apparently $70,000+ doesn't buy a quality vehicle anymore :smileywac

We have 9 to 10 inches of snow on the ground right now. The schools opened 2 hours late because of blowing & drifting. Its still very early in the season in my area so I hope this sticks and becomes our base.

srexecmark

I am up to 36" this morning with another storm forecast for Wednesday and heavy showers in between. I love this time of year!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Ops - the best thing that ever happened to a Land Rover, I wish it would happen to mine!

Vance

As of the 15th, about 12-30" on the ground. Enough to cruise around on the sleds and pick up a couple xmas trees.

But, we are expecting 3-5 more FEET this week... more snow and snocat pics after xmas.

Vance

Attachments

• IMG_4076.JPG
    IMG_4076.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 269

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Its been snowing for the last few days but the storm just hit. Dumping 1/2" snowballs I guess its snowy hail balls plus the thunder is shaking my house! HOLY CRAP! Dont know how long I will have internet service. Power is out and running on battery back up power. The house is getting pelted hard and I can barely hear myself think. lol. Man this is cool! Visibility is down to 50 feet or across the street. Checked thos mini snowballs and they are snowballs. Never seen that before? Must be that "Global Warming!" Had to go out and get the snow off the dish to send this report. Temp is 22 degrees and we just got about 2" in the last 10 minutes! It was like a vortex out there for about 10 minutes! Bizzare! Heres a pic I just took. What was really cool was the lightning and thunder during that Vortex! The snow balls and snow must have been hitting the house at an un godly speed and must have been creating alot of static electricty in the air swirling around.

Attachments

• DSCF0007 1.JPG
    DSCF0007 1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

srexecmark

I am using a Sno-tel site to determine the depth. It is 3 miles from me and a few hundred feet lower. I usually get 2-3 more inches than the site. I am going in for a week starting tomorrow and will get some pictures off. I will have to push about 28" of new snow uphill to get to the house. I love this weather!

urednecku

Site Supporter
72 right now.... I LOVE IT!! (Of course, 3rd generation in central FL. my blood is so thin that anything below about 50 I find my heave jacket!) Looks like we get to spend ANOTHER Christmas in shorts & a Tee shirt! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a sad, sad day for me! Woke up this morning to above freezing temps and a light rain..............yep.............rain! We only had 1-2 feet on the level and lost abut half of that today. Weird! Must be that global warming thing they keep talking about!

Briarpatch

Its currently snowing here in Parker Colorado, they are predicting 3-5 inches. I will be headed to the cabin tomorrow outside Laramie Wyoming and I am hoping for snow, so I can get the Tucker out for a little trip. I will keep everyone posted on the amount of snow at the cabin. I am hoping for couple of feet.

Briarpatch

:letitsnow:

Northerner

We had accumulated about 2 feet here in Sault Ste. Marie, but rain over the last two days has melted it down to less than half! A cold front is expected through the region tomorrow and hopefully will bring some snow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Northerner...........it's coming your way! We had the same thing as you..rain for two days. Turned to freezing rain yesterday afternoon.......then turned to snow. Been snowing since yesterday afternoon with no signs of letting up. We got about 1 1/2 feet of it today which really sucked as the the bottom six or so inches is basically slush due to the rain. I've had to do my driveway 3 times today with the snowblower just to keep on top of it and will most likely do another pass in the morning. Hwy 11 east is closed right now as well as 17 headed towards you.(Northerner) Went out for a snowmobile ride today and the only trail I had opened last week is now 4 feet wide due to hanging trees from the freezing rain.

Briarpatch

Well made it back fromn the cabin yesterday, We have some snow but not a lot. The wind has been blowing for the past two days, so we have some snow drifts and other places where the snow has been blown off the road. I rode my ATV with tracks in to the cabin and picked up the tucker. Took the tucker for a short trip about 9 miles round trip. Here are some pics. I was surprised to see that some elk were still up high. I saw a herd of about 300 on the flats down below the mountain.

Briarpatch

Attachments

• CDY_0038.jpg
    CDY_0038.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_0961.jpg
    100_0961.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_0960.jpg
    100_0960.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 208

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well made it back fromn the cabin yesterday, We have some snow but not a lot. The wind has been blowing for the past two days, so we have some snow drifts and other places where the snow has been blown off the road. I rode my ATV with tracks in to the cabin and picked up the tucker. Took the tucker for a short trip about 9 miles round trip. Here are some pics. I was surprised to see that some elk were still up high. I saw a herd of about 300 on the flats down below the mountain.

Briarpatch

Come on those are reindeer, where was Santa ? :yum:

Briarpatch

I think your right, I counted 7 and it looked like one may have had a red nose?????? Maybe some tucker sno cat presents????????

:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
no no no..............those aren't intended to pull a sleigh! Aren't they a kristi power source.................just hook'em up and go all day!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
no no no..............those aren't intended to pull a sleigh! Aren't they a kristi power source.................just hook'em up and go all day!

I can see how you 'lesser' cat owners might confuse Kristi agility and performance with something magical like reindeer, but it's really just due to our ultra-advanced, scientifically-engineered, snow-conquering secrets.

All content copyright K.R.I.S.T.I. - Kristis Rescuing Impotent Snow-Tracs, Intenational

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
it's really just due to our ultra-advanced, scientifically-engineered, snow-conquering secrets.All content copyright K.R.I.S.T.I. - Kristis Really Impotent Stuck-Tracks, Intown

In other words "Gravity" Kinda like how shit floats down hills. Oh it exactly like how Shit floats down hill!:yum: