• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Frontline Alternative

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We took our dog to the vet today to get an annual check up We asked her about Frontline and how it bothers our dog. She told us of an alternative named, Revolution. Supposedly a different product altogether from Frontline. She did not know where we could get it though. Possibly online someplace and it needs a prescription which she said she would give. Junk if your out there do you know of this product and where can we get it??

murph

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I can get Frontline, Frontline Plus, Advantage, and Advantix, but not Revolution. Revolution is a scripted item that requires a DEA script to be dispensed, since it also treats for heartworm. I have use the product on Cloe, my mini dachshund, prior to her dying, and it worked well. I use Frontline Plus on all the other dogs. The reason for Revolution on Cloe, was that she only weighed about 5 pounds, and the Frontline requires that the dog weigh at least 11 pounds. If you want any of these products, please let me know. Junk

working woman

Site Supporter
Junk,
Is there a big mark up is on these items? I have been pricing the advantix 6 pack in different places and cant believe how different the prices range. So far the cheapest I have found is through care a lot catalog for 53. bucks. Then you have to pay another 10 for shipping.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
One of the reasons for wide pricing, is that some of the product is labeled for sale in the USA and comes with a EPA statement. I have also seen product that has been imported from foreign countries and doesn't have the EPA label, or has a "paper label" attached once it arrives here. If it doesn't have the original packaging with the EPA labeling, then it is considered as "counterfeit" by the EPA, and shouldn't be sold. There is no way to know if it truly is a counterfeit or it was simply made for sale in another country. I do know that if the EPA catches a store selling "counterfeit" product, you are in for a lot of grief. One thing that is very common is when people call for information from the manufacturer in the States, they will ask for a lot number. If that lot number is not one that was approved for sale in the US, then they will advise against using it on your dog. Today, there is a lot of counterfeit product in all fields of retail. Knowing where you purchase the product is the safest way to know that you are getting the real thing. I will be placing an order within the next week or so, so if you let me know your needs, I will check to see what kind of price I can get for you. If you are looking to save money, then consider using the Frontline Spray.....