• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corvair powered snow machine

Dakota Kid

I have read that there was a snow machine of some kind that was powered by a corvair engin does anyone have any information on this Thanks:hammer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The Kristy KT4 was powered by a corvair engine . Very few were ever made that I am aware of .
I had a open KT4 and we have a member here who has a closed cab model .
My old one is for sale I have been told . Contact FF member Flathorn

Attachments

• kristi KT4 001.jpg
    kristi KT4 001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 315

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob wants an amphibious cat why doesn't he jump on that one now that he is retiring he should have plenty of time to put into it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll say one thing for a KT4 . They got a ton of room inside . Man those babies are roomy !!!!

You could make one into a 2 person camper snowcat with very little trouble .

Dakota Kid

thanks for the information I will check on it. I have been into corvairs for quite a while and it sounds like it could be interesting.:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It has a farm tractor transmission drive system . I never restored it and sold mine . It is now in Oregon and for sale I believe . We have a member here who does have a running KT4 . Maybe he will chime in .

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Also there was a Kristi KT4 being used as a S&R rig somewhere by the north rim of the Grand Canyon . I remember seeing pictures somewhere .I don't know if that rig is still in use or not .