• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gone Motors?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Subscription industry news sources I receive have been saying for weeks now that GM is Gone Motors and cannot survive, due in a large part to the UAW. Now the same news is in the main stream media GM may not survive

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's sad but if it hurts the UAW then it may be a good thing. I suspect the healthy brands may rise from the ashes.

Of course, Obama will probably save GM just to save the UAW.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Of course, Obama will probably save GM just to save the UAW.

That is what scares me. What I've read is that GM is now a bottomless pit through which Obama is prepared to pour the taxpayer's money. I'm not willing to have my tax bracket raise 8% more just to try in vein to save GM.

I also firmly believe that you are correct in that something will raise from the ashes of GM....sans the UAW. I just don't want to be stuck paying for the futile effort to save something that is fatally injured and brain dead.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The published News Article alone will hurt. About a week ago I walked out to our warehouse and a group of about 5 guys were talking. Most of them were GM vehicle owners and they were talking about the GM bailout and because of the bailout they would think twice about buying from GM again. This thought process will be on most people's mind when buying.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets say Obama doesn't bail them out and they declare bankruptcy like the guy Sushi talked to at the unemployment office predicted ... What do you see as the repercussions of this. All the UAW folks go on unemployment ....the unemployment monies would be used up quick. Next we'd see a bailout for the unemployment agencies. :pat:
Seriously, there would be some huge negative impacts nationwide. Don't ya think?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
At $30,000,000,000 bailout, that will fail, you'd have 400 per week, for 36 week, of unemployment bennies for 2,083,333.33 workers How many on the roles at GM?

And once we waste the 30 billion, we'll still have to pay the unemployment bennies.

The fricken govt needs to stay out of businesses. Period.

Kwiens

Sooooooo.......Obama bails out GM; they still are producing cars that nobody is buying. Who will buy the cars they produce?

K

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sooooooo.......Obama bails out GM; they still are producing cars that nobody is buying. Who will buy the cars they produce?

K

Exactly, I say give the money to us who could use the money to buy a car and left the manufactures fend for themselves. The one that builds the best efficient car wins.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,I just sent my email off to the Pez telling him to let GM die .:clap:

Have you done anything besides bitch here on FF ? :whistling::flowers:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
If I sent a note to the prez, I am sure I'd be watched and questioned after a few days by men in black, as I would not have the ability to contain myself once I started writing.

Trakternut

My take:

GM is not bailed out. GM closes its doors. UAW workers are out on their butts. GM execs look things over carefully. What brands/models are dead weight? Hmmm....What if they cut this one, that one. build this, change that............
They reorganize and begin production of vehicles that the consumer wants and can afford to buy. They used "scab" labor to build them, lowering their overhead. They may not sell us the cars cheaper, but they'll clear a little more on each one, contributing to GM's ability to say solvent on their own.

Oh, the UAW folks?? They have to get jobs where they have to earn their keep and not spend their working days bitching about everything.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh, the UAW folks?? They have to get jobs where they have to earn their keep and not spend their working days bitching about everything.

Well ...I hope to God that Every Boss out there who may be hiring ,has the God Given Common sense to show the lousy bastards the door if they apply for work .
I cannot think of a better example of what has pulled down America then the UAW .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Seriously .... Think about this for a minute .
If you were a UAW looking for a new job when GM collapses , would you put on your Resume that you once worked for GM ???
I would'nt !!! It would be a death wish for any job !