Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Debate Forums > Political Debate Forum

Political Debate Forum All debates involving Politics goes here. Warning: The posts/threads contained in this section of the forum can get heated.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Cold Member

Thanked 11,396 Times in 5,384 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road
Default Chris Wallace Says Jim Acosta ‘Embarrassed Himself’ In Confrontation With Trump

Chris Wallace Says Jim Acosta ‘Embarrassed Himself’ In Confrontation With Trump
Posted at 5:30 pm on November 8, 2018 by T.LaDuke

https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/201...ntation-trump/

Give up the mic, Jim

The blowback of the wild press conference at the White House the day after the midterm elections continues as now reporters are taking sides on the actions of Jim Acosta from CNN.

As my colleague Brandon Morse wrote earlier today, Major Garret from CBS is ok with Acosta and his behavior, Major Garrett Sides With CNN’s Jim Acosta Over White House Scuffle, Signaling Everything Wrong With Today’s Press

Now have Fox News host Chris Wallace taking a different view.

Jim Acosta embarrassed himself.

According to The Hill…

Quote:
Fox News host Chris Wallace on Wednesday chided Jim Acosta’s behavior during President Trump’s press conference earlier in the afternoon, saying the CNN chief White House correspondent “embarrassed himself.”

The “Fox News Sunday” host weighed in after Acosta sparred with Trump over the president’s portrayal of the Central American migrant caravan as an “invasion” heading toward the southern U.S. border, leading to a tense exchange.

“It was classic Trump, and you saw all the notes that he can play,” Wallace said on Fox when asked about Trump’s pushback toward Acosta.

“He was combative, at times. He got into a fight with Jim Acosta of CNN. I have to say, I thought Acosta’s behavior was shameful,” Wallace continued.

“Most of the people there were serious reporters asking serious questions. But Jim Acosta, I thought, embarrassed himself today,” Wallace added later.
Wallace is right.

Trump and Acosta both acted out of line.

However, when you are part of the media that is criticizing the behavior of President Trump than you decide to out Trump, Trump, in his place of business for at least the next two years, you lose whatever credibility you have left.

CNN does not have much left being they still employ Don Lemon.

Jim Acosta has made most of his questions about his preening before cameras and soaking up as much camera time as possible. That his colleagues in the White House press corps are defending his antics is just silly. There is no defending Jim Acosta just as there is no defending Trump losing his cool in front of the country.

Hopefully more reporters have the courage to come out like Chris Wallace and say that Acosta was out of line and should apologize.

In case you missed my other post on a different subject Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Nazis And Global Warning Are Like The Same Thing DUH!! and check out my podcast Bourbon On The Rocks plus like Bourbon On The Rocks on Facebook and follow me on the twitters at IRISHDUKE2

The United States Constitution ©1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jim slagle For This Useful Post:
Doc  (11-08-2018), mla2ofus (11-08-2018), TiredRetired (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Resident Prick

Thanked 9,955 Times in 3,877 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Chris Wallace Says Jim Acosta ‘Embarrassed Himself’ In Confrontation With Trump

My Dad used to say never try and beat someone at their own game. Come up with your own game. Acosta tried to beat Trump at his own game and he got his ass handed to him. Plain and simple.
Doc  (11-08-2018), jim slagle  (11-08-2018), mla2ofus (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,609 Posts
mla2ofus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chris Wallace Says Jim Acosta ‘Embarrassed Himself’ In Confrontation With Trump

Acosta is just a pundit posing as a journalist!!
Mike
Doc  (11-08-2018), jim slagle  (11-08-2018), TiredRetired (11-08-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:13 AM
nullius in verba

Thanked 3,057 Times in 1,472 Posts
Danang Sailor has a spectacular aura aboutDanang Sailor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
Acosta is just a pundit posing as a journalist!!
Mike
You do realize you just insulted every 'pundit' in the country, don't you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Danang Sailor For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (11-09-2018)