• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Monday is another day! Get ready to make gains !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Dow Ends Week Flat After Dubai Selloff
Published: Friday, 27 Nov 2009 | 1:06 PM ET

By: Cindy Perman
Writer

After all that, we're right back where we started.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average shed about 150 points, or 1.5 percent, Friday, but ended the week less than 10 points lower from where it started the week as gains logged before Thanksgiving offset today's losses.

Major U.S. Indexes
realtime_icon.gif

.DJIA
10309.92​
watchlist_down.gif

-1.48%

.NCOMP
2139.53​
watchlist_down.gif

-1.68%

.SPX
1091.49​
watchlist_down.gif

-1.72%

The New York Stock Exchange closed at 1pm ET Friday.
The CBOE Volatility Index [VIX 24.72 4.24 (+20.7%) ] , widely considered the best gauge of fear in the market, ended the week above 24, after finishing Wednesday's session near 20.

I am willing to bet the market heats up next week !

This may be the start of the "Christmas Gift " that the market has given investors ,in the past .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I shorted the market and made money today.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I shorted the market and made money today.

Good move ! I stayed in bed . Way too much goodies from yesterday ! I'll take a look-see on Monday .

Even though the market finished the week where it started , some good gains were made depending where one was invested . :smile: