• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker 1742 in Utah

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55619919

We all like to have fun with Blackfoot Tucker favorite person Monster Jeff and here we go again. This cat was on KLS for $6000 very recently. Monster Jeff did his usual paint job and window tint and now it's up to $19800. In the original listing the track belting looked ok but somewhat sun faded. Now they look new. And that's the reason for starting this thread. Any chance he painted or oiled the rubber to make it look better? Second question did he just hit the tracks, cleats, bogie wheels, drive cogs with black paint? Don't worry, I'm not interested in buying a monster Jeff cat. I just think the "used car salesman" stuff he does is hilarious and I was curious if he really painted the tracks. IMG_20190403_082405.jpg

IMG_20190403_082354.jpg

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice find Sean,

Wow! It sure does look like the whole track assemblies and carriers were painted black. And you just know the surface preparation was...probably minimal-at best. The previous exterior color was blue, so I wonder how long before the orange paint starts flaking off? I also recall the photos from the original listing on ksl.com and it looked like the machine hadn't moved in several years. Was the oil changed, or the filters, or the machine even greased?

Evidently even jacking the price up by a measly 330% wasn't enough of a margin for him to replace the missing right hand wiper arm and blade.

On the spectrum of respect by occupation, used car dealers typically rank near the bottom. I think good ol' Monster Jeff is a step below.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
monster Jeff gives all used car/sno-cat sales people a very bad name....

he is a real piece of work, even if he had the only one and I wanted it so bad, that I would just about do anything for it, I WOULD NOT EVEN CALL HIM...

seems to be more used snow cat sellers than buyers

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If would have hired some degenerates to work for cash bought some angle grinders and wire wheels from harbor freight hit all the grousers and bolts on the tracks. Then I would uses a silicon treatment on the track rubber.

Spray the idler wheel metal, sprockets, and carriers poof restored!

Few hundred bucks looks like new to the lay cat.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
One of Big Auction company’s once told me paint is worth 10,000 a gallon......
Personally I’d rather the machanical be good. Paint doesn’t get you home.

Dirtyjoe

That’s the one my neighbor had for sale, he told me 10k then said he sold it to a rancher that gave him a sob story about how he couldn’t get hay to his cattle. Told me the “rancher “ offered him $7500 for the Thiokol and was going to sell it to him if I didn’t have the cash, I did and the neighbor said he was a man of his word and would sell it to me for the price we agreed. I couldn’t get it out of there fast enough! I knew there was something sticky about the “rancher”!

tharris90

I went out to his property to look at one once, its about as y'all say it is. Tucker even said he was smoking something, shame. 200% mark up.