• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB 2100 Need not run.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I realize it is a little early for the summer collecting season, But I am really liking the diesel powered 2100 I use for grooming the snowmobile trails. I want to secure a spare parts pile. So if you have a 2100 hanging around and it is past its prime but complete. shoot me a note.

Track condition is unimportant, Don't even need a cab..... the rest would be great.

If you have a 3700 CF wide or big bear cab laying around I would be interested in that as well......

Laugh away.

Mike

undy

Mike,

You may have already tried these guys, but…

You might give Don at Tyrol Basin a call, as they've used 2100's for years and have somewhat of a boneyard. No idea if they'd part with anything or not, nor whether they're all "rid hard and put away wet", but a phone call's cheap. 608 437-4135

Also, IIRC "Iceman" was selling some 3700 parts near Mt. Morris. No idea if he's got a parts machine to sell intact.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I Picked over Icemans 3700 pretty good. even dragged a little boat home from his compound.....

Thanks for the heads up on T basin.

mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike if you come across a blade for one from Denver west let me know. I would love to get a blade not cut down mine's had 12 inches off each side, cut off.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
will do.

YOUR blade is in good hands.... ;-)
If you need a chuckle, heres one....
Reason I am hunting to see what is out there.....
I Caught your machine on fire last weekend. the pine cones and leaves in the hull went up pretty good, I was getting after the throttle pretty heavy, drag was full of snow and all was good in the world.... then I noticed it was getting a bit warm in the cab.

Didn't really hurt anything major but was exciting just the same. Glad I had copius amounts of snow to make steam. the extinguisher did not do a thing. suppose I could have shut it off the wind from the fan might have been promoting the fun..

laugh it up, I am.....

Mike

Dick

Hi Mike I still have the one I picked up in ny its a v8 auto trans pm me for your price if you remember what I paid for it 3 years ago

Dick

391 v8 auto trans the diff needs cleaning up but worked aluminum wheels tracks belts are rough but cleats are good $ 1500

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what do the guides look like if they all need to be replaced that will set you back another 3 grand. the original 2100 guides were kind of wimpy and prone to cracking out.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes thanks for the heads up. those 3700's are beasts, they will get some work done. I am not prepared or equipped to have those in the recreational fleet. I intend to keep one around as long as i am the responsible party for the snowmobile grooming program here.

I like pulling tuckers and tractors out. ( my cynicism is directly locally to a finite group of folks that have made some comments to me about my program ) Globally I love tuckers for what they are.

My favorite quote was from a fellow lmc lover, had a semi looped and resting in a ditch listing heavy to one side
" I could not pull the tractor and trailer out of the ditch, so I hooked up to the side going up a steep incline and it pulled the truck and trailer and load sideways while climbing the hill I guess it just needed a challenge"

we all know our successes and failures are situational, Power to both tracks all the time is the key.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hay Red... If you're talking about the one you got from me I know where the twin to that 2100 is. The two groomers originally came from Anthony lakes in Eastern Oregon. I am told that the second one is still over there. I go over there quick a bit so if you want me to check let me know. The person that told me about it said that they will probably give it away. And No! I don't deliver:smile: that's all I've got :bolt:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wondered what that eloquently carved "A" stood for on the rear deck.

Anthony Lakes

as I you know, finders fee's apply.....

Please inquire, maybe there is something orange headed west.....