• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: 75+ gallon Tucker fuel tank -- East Coast

dzuppio

we currently have a 1987 tucker 2000 with a 50 gallon fuel tank. Looking to upgrade the tank to at least 70 gallons.

we are located in Massachusetts and are only looking for something in new England, new York, and maybe penn/N.J. something that we can pickup (shipping costs would make it easier to fabricate one ourselves).

current budget is free and up

thanks

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a ginormous fuel tank on a 77' 1542.

If you change your snobbish ways, I would consider bringing it to you.... I heard the east coast occupants were like that.....

Us midwesterners are a little more giving

On a serious note, I will get a photo of it, it is round and big. It was needed where this cat came from. It carries a season worth of fuel for my use.

I have secured a midwest fuel tank of appropriate size.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don't take my caffeinated ranting as negative. I love tuckers for what they are. will always own a couple, maybe even three.

If you follow what I do, I make lemonade out of lemons, with all things in my life regardless of the color or brand.

I spent the entire day with a terra track and a 443 chain drive, No time available to photograph the fuel tank less than 40' away from me, but either way I am feeling the sun burn as I sit here listening to a brewer game and contemplating an offer on the 1542 that is sporting that overly large tank. Speaking of selective, I need to arrange shipping on a custom one off tucker that is going west from the compound......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
By custom one off do you mean a 1642 with terra tracks and by West do you mean Southwest??

first off, you are south east of me....:wink:

second, the custom one off is a unique piece, it is going to a great home out west, the owner would not know what to do with the elegant simplicity and higher than slow sustained speeds of that 1642. in addition there is not near enough grease zirks to sustain their attention span......

:laugh3:

Attachments

• 20190331_074724.jpg
    20190331_074724.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 20190331_074735.jpg
    20190331_074735.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 165

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thing that has the 5 gallon reserve tank on there. You know, for when you burn through the main tank when you go out grooming for the winter one night.
How big is that, 150? And what makes it a one-off tucker?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the one getting delivered is not the 1542 in the photos

or

the 1642 that was at the clowder

yet

another custom piece, if the buyer wants to share it would most likely show up in its own thread.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No sweat, but all kidding aside if you find something in the midwest don't hold back on the shipping. I am aware of at least three east to west moves and two west to east moves.