• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Man points gun at Cop's head, cop shoots/kills man ... In Missouri

mak2

You made up something to argue with, cute, but not what I said. :whistling::doh:
"before Martin" is the standard cry of people against the stand your ground law, which in fact the stand your ground defense wasn't used to defend Zimmerman.
No standards for use of force have changed.

mak2

You mean like gunslingers that shoot people who are not really threats? If you find a man in your house it is perfectly reasonable to shoot him. Who said it wasn't? Oh wait this is another one of them strawman things I have never said, but you can argue with it. Cool carry on.
The bottleneck of any discussion involving a Liberal is that Liberals absolutely refuse to accept the position that people should be held accountable for their actions.
Example: A homeowner awakens to find a man with a gun rummaging through the house. The homeowner subsequently shoots and kills the intruder. It is later found that the intruder was drunk and the gun was a toy. A Liberal will argue that the intruder was drunk and could have mistakenly been in the wrong house. Also, that the gun was a toy and no threat to the homeowner.

And completely miss the fact that the intruder, through whatever combination of injudicious decisions, brought this on all by himself.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I think this old verse will apply to all involved in this issue:

If you go looking for trouble, you will usually find it. This also applies to cigar thief and the can't breath dude

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
You mean like gunslingers that shoot people who are not really threats? If you find a man in your house it is perfectly reasonable to shoot him. Who said it wasn't? Oh wait this is another one of them strawman things I have never said, but you can argue with it. Cool carry on.

Talk about strawman things ....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Zimmerman never looked too beat up to me. And there is no question had he stayed in his SUV that night Martin would be alive and we would never had heard of Zimmerman. The world would be a better place.

Hindsight is 20/20. We can armchair quarterback all we want but in the end it is the facts that we have to deal with. What happened was a man's life was threatened and he defended himself. A jury agreed.

Kane

Yep. Too bad libs have such disdain for the rule of law when it doesn't quite suit their agenda. Killing a hostile thug is murder. A crime. Of course murdering unborn babies is perfectly fine. A choice.

Screwy libs.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have been beat up more often than I like to admit. Never shot anyone. Zimmerman never looked too beat up to me. And there is no question had he stayed in his SUV that night Martin would be alive and we would never had heard of Zimmerman. The world would be a better place.

The world is a better place without the thug who tried to be a bad ass and lost.

Everyone of these cases that have been brought to national attention has been done by a media who wants to start a race riot. All the thugs have died yet are made to look like angels. It says a lot about the liberal mind when they can't figure out who the bad guys are.

SShepherd

Yea, I am sure you were addressing the rest of the legions of libs on this forum. :yum:

see, this is addressed to you because I'm quoting you. You were wrong about the Zimmerman case, but you have your opinion and everyones' entitled to it but it doesn't change the facts. You can pontificate on how much badassery you have and how you would just disarm someone or beat their ass but you aren't them and you weren't there. The standard isn't what you "would have done had you known".

the other was replying to Docs' post, you just took it upon yourself to think I was talking to you.
if I have something I want to say to you it's easy to figure out.

Kane

see, this is addressed to you because I'm quoting you. You were wrong about the Zimmerman case, but you have your opinion and everyones' entitled to it but it doesn't change the facts. You can pontificate on how much badassery you have and how you would just disarm someone or beat their ass but you aren't them and you weren't there. The standard isn't what you "would have done had you known".

the other was replying to Docs' post, you just took it upon yourself to think I was talking to you.
if I have something I want to say to you it's easy to figure out.

It's called deflection, Shep. Deflection. Whenever a lib is troubled by the facts, they change the subject, claim they are being unfairly persecuted or invent straw men. That way, there is an escape from losing an honest debate.

Liberalism 101. Works every time.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a big difference in an armed and unarmed person. One of the points that can become controversial when shooting someone is if he is unarmed. Why are we trying to pretend it is the same?

Because once Micheal Brown tried to take the officers gun, and did try to shoot him with it, the situation becomes the same.

The Situation in New York City with Eric Garner is quite different. But the race baiters, and their sympathizer in the media, have insisted it is the same. Which is even worse because all is based on the lie that the police are out with malicious intent to shoot young black men.

Perhaps your question would be better directed at them.

DebateDrone

Oh, the man was a young black male.

The police officer was white.

Going to have to wonder how many more riots there will be?

Antonio Martin shooting: surveillance footage shows victim raising a gun ? live updates | US news | The Guardian

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fatal-cop-shooting-teen-berkeley-missouri-sparks-clashes-n274181

What's the world coming to when an innocent teen can't point a loaded gun at a cop's head without being shot?

But seriously folks... How to deal with cops in 5 easy steps.

1) Don't point loaded gun at cop's head.

If you failed number 1, I won't list the other 4.

The usual group is turning this into another "White cop shoots black teen" story. They're saying "It's hard to see what was in his hand..." etc etc...

Do you wonder a lot at ridiculous stuff?

DebateDrone

It's so easy for the left to analyze and vilify the so-called use of deadly force. Note, however, that the reaction time of the average human being is around 0.75 seconds.

So as often as not, any LEO, when confronted with hostility, has 0.75 seconds to decide whether to appease the liberal critics ... or go home alive that night.

Just 0.75 seconds.

Maybe a police officer with some brains would not have assessed the threat from only 2 yards away.

Maybe police officers with some sense would have stopped their vehicle just a tad bit more away from the individual in question...putting distance and the vehicle in between the bb gun and themselves.

I'm just saying.

leadarrows

Maybe a police officer with some brains would not have assessed the threat from only 2 yards away.

Maybe police officers with some sense would have stopped their vehicle just a tad bit more away from the individual in question...putting distance and the vehicle in between the bb gun and themselves.

I'm just saying.
You're second guessing.
So the thug would have charged from a few feet further away then the distance would have been the same.
A thug got himself killed. Good riddance. I could care less.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

First, you may want to use proper English sentence structure if you want others to understand your questions.

But to answer what I think is your question: NO. As it turns out there have been quite a few riots scattered around this nation, and also in Berkley, MO in relation to the event discussed in the OP of this thread.

So I'll have to ask you a question: Do you often post uninformed posts on forums or was your first post here just a fluke?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is a 12 year old with a toy gun a "thug?"

Possibly.

Given that most 'airsoft' pistols are designed to look like real guns, and given that they are often used in robberies in lieu of real guns, one would have to ask what the intended use of the airsoft gun was by the boy was when he was carrying that airsoft gun.

So it is very possible that it was an innocent toy used by an innocent child. It is also very possible that the boy was a thug who may have had some illicit use of that which he possessed.

DebateDrone

You're second guessing.
So the thug would have charged from a few feet further away then the distance would have been the same.
A thug got himself killed. Good riddance. I could care less.

Sure you care or you would've not yapped.

I'm "second guessing" bad policing ...No, I know the difference between bad judgement and professional policing. How 'bout you?

DebateDrone

First, you may want to use proper English sentence structure if you want others to understand your questions.

But to answer what I think is your question: NO. As it turns out there have been quite a few riots scattered around this nation, and also in Berkley, MO in relation to the event discussed in the OP of this thread.

So I'll have to ask you a question: Do you often post uninformed posts on forums or was your first post here just a fluke?

Don't worry much of my 5th grade phrasing...you'll catch on...like it or not.

If not given as a proper question, take it as rhetorical. Get it.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I won't worry at all. In fact I won't give you a second thought.

But you failed to respond to the fact that your post was totally ignorant. In fact there were quite a few riots directly related to that Berkley incident, to which you implied my wonderment was ridiculous.

Seems to me you are the one being ridiculous. Or at least you are simply dead wrong.

DebateDrone

I won't worry at all. In fact I won't give you a second thought.

But you failed to respond to the fact that your post was totally ignorant. In fact there were quite a few riots directly related to that Berkley incident, to which you implied my wonderment was ridiculous.

Seems to me you are the one being ridiculous. Or at least you are simply dead wrong.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you meant every riot in the future of all riots. You win. Now your wondering mind can be at ease.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry, I didn't know you meant every riot in the future of all riots. You win. Now your wondering mind can be at ease.

Seriously?

No, clearly you must be jesting. I was clear. I was referring to riots relating to the shooting of the armed man who is the subject of this thread. Of those there have been many. I keep an open mind until someone proves themselves to be a fool.

As for you, you will be added to my Ignore List now since you clearly have nothing of substance to add. Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you wish. You can edit yours by going to the User CP tab, clicking on it, then scroll down and look at the last item under the Settings and Options. Its pretty obvious what you need to do from that point.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I'm just saying.

Sure you care or you would've not yapped.

I'm "second guessing" bad policing ...No, I know the difference between bad judgement and professional policing. How 'bout you?

If not given as a proper question, take it as rhetorical. Get it.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Another pissed off liberal with anger management issues and a chip on his shoulder. What else is new, eh? I even have some of those same issues myself. Who knows, you may get to see them, but I tend to be a little more restrained if you know what I mean. :whistling::smile::biggrin:

Welcome aboard, son. May I be so bold as to suggest a quick visit to the introductions section and tell us a little bit about yourself, sans the attitude and the evil eye ball. Who knows, we may have more in common then you may think. Yes, I doubt it too, but one never knows, right?

:biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I'm just saying.

You are welcome to say anything here but consider that one can hold back and no one suspect they are a fool, or they can open their mouth and eliminate all doubt.

The police were responding to a call for shop lifting. The officer had no reason to suspect the person in the car was there with a mind set to kill anyone.

Sad and dangerous will be the day that all encounters with the police require DEFcon One suspicion. Things are testy enough with real situations out there. Right now, the police need to come to the scene from which others run away.

Climb back into your comfy arm chair there. And hope if and when you call them, they come quickly to your aid. And without hesitation.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Is a 12 year old with a toy gun a "thug?"

Much of the "credit" for this must go to the dispatcher who was told it was likely the gun was a toy, but who failed to pass
that data on to the troops sent to investigate. Most of these pseudo-guns are so realistic that they have been successfully
used in a large number of actual holdups and robberies. Add to that normal human reaction time and you get a situation
much the same as that in Brown v United States, in which Justice Holmes opined " ...
detached reflection cannot be
demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife ...". In hindsight it would have been prudent for the officer to wait
until it was established whether or not the gun was real; if the dispatcher had relayed all the information from the caller
that might even have happened but absent that data all the officer had to go on was a kid pointing a gun at people and
then that kid swinging the gun around to point at them. Absent any power of precognition the officer responded in
a sadly appropriate manner to a perceived threat of death or great bodily harm to himself and his partner.

Now we're seeing situations where the real thugs are trying to give themselves a massive edge if the police respond to one of
their work-sites as a result of a 911 call or silent alarm: these bright boys are painting the ends of their guns orange, or in
some cases gluing on small sections of orange plastic taken from the barrels of actual toy guns! I wonder how the MSM
is going to react when an officer is murdered with one of these "toys", and what effect it will have on the way LEO's react
to questionable cases in the future.

With the above facts in mind, my direct answer to your direct question has to an unqualified "Maybe". Until a foolproof
method is established so officers can tell at a glance whether the thing being pointed at them is a real gun or not, every
single case will be an on-the-fly call and any number of regrettable outcomes will result. Personally I don't expect to
see any such foolproof method forthcoming; remember, the bright orange muzzles of these toys and replicas was
supposed to be that very method of identification, added for just that purpose, and we can see how that has turned out.

Kane

I'm just saying.

Well, friend, next time a perp is threatening you with a gun, the police officers will have the good sense to stop their vehicle a good distance away from the individual in question ... putting a tad bit more distance between the threat and themselves ... so they can take all the time some other lib feels necessary to assess the threat. No sense in hurrying towards the threat for your sake.

Just sayin'.