• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SPRYTE 1201 for sale Penn. no reserve!!!!

Snowcat Pat

I see it has the straight axle OC-12 in a fabbed steel case. I rebuilt one of those once (not on this particular machine) it was my second OC-12 rebuild ever, it was a troublesome little devil, and very heavy. But the steel case is tough enough to drag on the ground, which it does all the time, and the u-joint/yoke doubles as a snow tiller.

For what its worth, all the straight axle OC-12 diffs from Sprytes that I've worked on show much more wear than drop box versions. The brake bands are loaded in the opposite direction, have much more strain on them and break more often, especially if they are the early type with the thin backing strap. Because all the braking strain is on them, the little 3/8 inch anchor pins commonly bend or worse yet break in two, falling into the R&P. The axle spline loading wears out the center compensator case bushings and so on. Drop boxes relieve the strain by roughly 1/2 overall.
-Pat