• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tractor tire chains

cj7

I am thinking of buying a set of chains for the tractor. Rear tire size is 11.2-24 Ag.

What type of chains work best?

What is a good price for them?

Any good places to order from?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Take a look at Gempler's for tractor tire chains. As for where to buy from, that is tricky because they are HEAVY and cost a lot to ship. Your best bet is to shop locally after you get a price on the internet. If nothing local looks good, then you can always order over the net.

The chains that simply cross over your tires are not as good as the ones that cross over, but are attached to another cross over chain. Gempler has some that form a "box" shape, I've also seen "x" shaped cross overs. They are good in the mud & clay too, especially with R4 tires that tend to turn into slicks when working in wet clay.

http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/list.asp?SKW=2T3TRACT&c=cattire&UID=200511230829300933709115

Hope this helps! :tiphat:

cj7

bz

yeah I did check over there at Smardts. They would have to order them in and they were going to be about $300.00 plus shipping.

So I see the place you mentioned. Not far from us either.

Going to look at them.

JimR

Charter Member
I got my double chains from Tire Chain also. They beat everyone locally on the price.

cj7

Thanks guys.

I also went with Tire Chain .com

they will be here next week.

I bought the 2 link ladder style.

I think they will do fine.

I have the long gravel drive that I am concerned that if it gets too.. icy that they will make up the difference. But I did not want them to be too hard on the concrete drive or the garage concrete.

So we will see what happens!

Chief

Guys, just a remember in case you did not consider. Be sure to check and verify fender clearance with chains installed. Most likely it shouldn't be an issue but on some tractor like my 4410 with R-4 tires the tire to fender clearance is not alot. With chains it may be more snug than you want.

The manual suggests agains chaining the front do to possible machine damage from rubbing. Rear should be fine. it appears that I have enough clearance.

The new John Deere Cab tractor which has a cab right from John deere and is my size tractor doensn't have clearance. They put the tank under the wheel wells under the fenders!

If you haven't checked one of those out yet, you have to. They are very nice.