• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This Tweet Spells the Death Knell of the Lockdowns

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This Tweet Spells the Death Knell of the Lockdowns
Posted at 12:45 pm on May 29, 2020 by Nick Arama

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/05/29/this-tweet-spells-the-death-knell-of-the-lockdowns/

ABC’s lead medical reporter Eric M. Strauss posted a tweet last night that hasn’t gotten the attention that it deserves.

You’ll see why immediately.

https://twitter.com/ericMstrauss/st...weet-spells-the-death-knell-of-the-lockdowns/

Eric M. Strauss

@ericMstrauss
JUST IN: @ABC looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH] via @AMitrops

“@ABC looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH]….”

This pretty much signals the death knell of the lockdowns if this is true. It’s pretty hard to argue with this if there hasn’t been any surge in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of 21 states. That’s a pretty good indicator, if it wasn’t already apparent, that threats about what will happen if states reopen aren’t materializing.

They don’t appear to have a report connected with this latest tweet, but it’s consistent with other prior reports.

That last part of the tweet is important too: percentage of testing positive. Because there might be a rise in cases because of more testing but the question would be is the percentage of positive going up.

Some of the states like Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming and Arkansas didn’t have stay at home orders, never experienced a surge and didn’t experience one in easing other restrictions.

We’ve already seen in prior reports this was true in states that did have such orders such Missouri, as my colleague Susie Moore has reported here and here, and in Georgia, as my colleague Kira Davis reported here.

The media had scolded Brian Kemp in Georgia suggesting that was going to be a disaster but that never materialized.

As Florida governor Ron DeSantis said, some in media seemed to keep wishing ill on his state for daring to reopen, but there was no surge. DeSantis scolded the media for saying “two weeks, wait two weeks,” but it was eight weeks, he said, where was the surge?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
More . . .

https://twitter.com/TheRightWingM/status/1266186640013352963

TheRightWingM Flag of United States
@TheRightWingM
Replying to
@ericMstrauss

@ABC
and
@AMitrops
Conversely, now take a look at the 7 states (NY, NJ, PA, CT, IL, CA, MI) where Governors ordered extended lockdowns for their entire states but also ordered nursing homes to take Covid-infected patients.

Attachments

• B7B3CB43-9741-4940-8755-A8B55F7C0434.jpeg
    B7B3CB43-9741-4940-8755-A8B55F7C0434.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 024066DB-6E75-4EF7-9E66-E9AEB4F26F54.jpeg
    024066DB-6E75-4EF7-9E66-E9AEB4F26F54.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 124

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I still keep bringing to mind the stats of the hong kong flu of '68. 100,000 killed in the US, 1 million worldwide!! Nobody wore masks, no businesses shut down, nothing happened!! Please tell me the difference.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I still keep bringing to mind the stats of the hong kong flu of '68. 100,000 killed in the US, 1 million worldwide!! Nobody wore masks, no businesses shut down, nothing happened!! Please tell me the difference.
Mike
Politics and Power.
They are different now.

Bannedjoe

If you look at the big picture, somewhere around 7,500 deaths occur in the US daily.
Thats appx 2,700,000 some per year.

This thing has claimed a mere 100,000.

I don't mean to sound cold, but this whole thing boils down to less than a match thrown on a forest fire.