• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Aches and Pains Thread

I live with 60+ yrs of osteoarthritis and the last 10 yrs from a messed up hip replacement.

I use ALL supplements and what helps me is 1 ibuprofen and 1 extra strength tylenol every 6 hrs and I take supplements for liver and stomach protection. Never take the above 2 on empty stomach, always with some food. And refuse the pharma heavy duty drugs...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
2 yrs later and I'm on a daily cocktail of pain meds. I take aleve and ibuprofen morning and night along with baclofen (a nerve pill) and medical marijuana. I take it in pill form which is a low dose thc pill that's slow release and doesn't give any cognitive side effects but helps to reduce the pain.

In the evening at 9pm, my morning meds have gone so I take another aleve ibuprofen a sleeping pill and head outside for a hoot of a higher thc indica. The other meds take a couple hours to kick in so the thc indica is like a kick in the a$$ to calm the nerves and ease the pain until the pills kick in. It's literally the only thing that has allowed me to sleep a full night since my accident 5 years ago.

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Essentially, I'm still in the same place that I was two years ago although my back is worse after my little episode a year ago. That took 6 months to sort itself out ... kinda.

I'm still popping pills and shooting up for all the same problems. My kidney doctor warned me off all pain relievers except Tylenol. Not that it matters much, I don't take any anyway. According to me, I take too many pills as it is although, in reality, not many of them are prescription, only 4 I think. I think that a small toddy every night helps with pain and also helps me sleep, otherwise I just live with it. I have my bad days and my slightly better days but mostly they are okay and I just get on with it as best as I can. I've used and abused this body for over 70 years so I'm just paying the price for that now.

Wear and tear and years of use/abuse, I didn't sit around and I'm 82.

On the replacement issues, many do good and many don't. I'm one who didn't with hip replacement.