• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amazing Snow Trac picture from Phil Chatfield

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I received an email from Phil Chatfield with this picture attached, he describes it as lots of 'goodies' on deck. It is a photo of HMS HERMES off Narvik, Norway with the unit transport of 45 Commando of Royal Marines on the flight deck. You can look at the picture now all you snowtrac people, especially Bob S, and start to drool!

Incidentally I went to the 40th anniversary rally at Kemble Airfield, of the Military Vehicle Trust, this last weekend and my snowtrac won another first. I have never owned a vehicle before that actually won awards!

Attachments

• HMS HERMES.jpg
    HMS HERMES.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 311

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Re: Amazing picture from Phil Chatfield

Incidentally I went to the 40th anniversary rally at Kemble Airfield, of the Military Vehicle Trust, this last weekend and my snowtrac won another first. I have never owned a vehicle before that actually won awards!

Congrates Ice Queen. Job Well Done.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Yup, I drooled. That is an awesome photo, one for the history books!

Anita I'm looking forward to seeing you, and your award winning Snow Trac in a few weeks when I get to Wales! And, unlike you, I will post pictures of your award winning Snow Trac so that others can see it :poke:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

Oh Bob, I have put piccys of my snowtrac on here, in fact it is my avatar, but just to remind you what it looks like, I will add one for you.

Attachments

• snowtrac in ring.jpg
    snowtrac in ring.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 276

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Thank you! Nice Snow Trac. No matter how much painting. No matter what those wanna be snowcat owners (kristi crapats) They could NEVER look as good or perform as well as this Snow Trac pictured here.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh Bob, I have put piccys of my snowtrac on here, in fact it is my avatar, but just to remind you what it looks like, I will add one for you.

Dang that thing could get lost in a snow storm with all that there white paint. What is that girly fuss on the fenders??? :hide:

American Woman

Site Supporter

Dang that thing could get lost in a snow storm with all that there white paint. What is that girly fuss on the fenders??? :hide:
It's stuff to make it "pretty" :glare: oh, you wouldn't understand anyway....it's a girl thang :mrgreen::wub:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

It's stuff to make it "pretty" :glare: oh, you wouldn't understand anyway....it's a girl thang :mrgreen::wub:

I thought the Snow-Tracs was suppose to be tough and rough and be able to out do all of the others? I usually don't see "girl thangs" or "frilieys" on tough stuff. You sure wouldn't see that stuff on any tough rig now would you. (Tim Allen AR AR AR Here)

American Woman

Site Supporter

Hey we can be tougher than we look :brows:
I'm sure if she had to be tough she could snatch the frilly stuff off and stuff it in her purse.
Then kick the stuff outta something!:mrgreen:

American Woman

Site Supporter

Yeah, you wouldn't be say'in :blahblah: if the stick'em up guy were wear'in a dress :glare:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Yeah, you wouldn't be say'in :blahblah: if the stick'em up guy were wear'in a dress :glare:

I didn't know that was a "stick em up guy" I thought it was your idea of how we men are to act in front of you women :rolf2:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

What are fenders? And what is the 'girlie stuff' you are referring to? It is a direct copy of the original prototype - see the original picture which I copied, apart from the winch which I cannot obtain (and it would not fit in my horsebox with one) Please explain.....

Attachments

• 22RN38.jpg
    22RN38.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 251

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Anita, I believe what Murph is referring to as 'fenders' is the flat area above the tracks where you have your 'snow camo' material bundled.

I believe the 'girly fuss' he is referring to is the 'snow camo' material.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't Murph know anything?!!!! Girlie fuss indeed!!!

Come on Anita :poke: I was just having a bit of fun. It looks nice. I think you did a good job on the snow-trac. :thumb:

So now tell me what "Snow Camo" material is? You mean you actually try to hide the machine while out?

murph

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't you know what camo is? White is for snow and it comes in green too for hiding in the trees or grass or whatever, also sand colour for sandy areas. It is also quite good for hiding civilian vehicles under at military rallies. I have been known to hide my blue Land Rover Discovery under a parachute so I didn't have to park in the civilian parking when I didn't take a military vehicle. Off to the big military rally in Kent soon, so I will get photos of things with camo on for you folks. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I received an email from Phil Chatfield with this picture attached, he describes it as lots of 'goodies' on deck. It is a photo of HMS HERMES off Narvik, Norway with the unit transport of 45 Commando of Royal Marines on the flight deck. You can look at the picture now all you snowtrac people, especially Bob S, and start to drool!

Opportunity wasted. :pat: All those Slow Tracs on the edge of the deck and no one pushed them off?!?! Ah well, guess the price for scrap aluminum (aluminium) must have been high at the time. :rolleyes:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't you know what camo is? White is for snow and it comes in green too for hiding in the trees or grass or whatever, also sand colour for sandy areas.

I know what Camo is, but I didn't know why you wanted to hide the thing in the snow. You explained in the PM.

Thanks

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nobody needed to push them off, most of them were lost during the Falklands war, so now they are very precious and beat all other snow vehicles with being so gorgeous!!!