• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody actually balance the tires on their ATV?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I ran my Suzuki King Quad out the road yesterday to fling some dirt off the tires and I believe it runs fast enough to actually need to balance the tires. It has a factory set speed limit at 72 mph, but with a clutch kit and new electronic control module, that limit has been raised to (waaaay to fast) 80 mph. Once I began reaching about 50 mph, it I noticed that the tires were out of balance. The rims all seem true and no other suspension parts appear to be bent at all, there's just no weights on the 27" tires.

I know the reasonable thing is to never run this thing over 50 mph, but let's be realistic; you know it's going to happen, especially when running with others. So, do any of you guys have your tires balanced? Thoughts?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, but you really need to make sure your pressures are matched up. Don't just give one tire a boost of air cause it's low. Use a gauge that reads low pressure accurately and maintain even pressures.

I have the brother (Kaw Brute Force) to that machine AFA suspension and they are flighty going fast. It's because they are much lighter than other 700-800 cc machines.