• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best belt (track) lacing, connections??

Mike8623

What is the best type of lacing or connections to connect the belts of your tracks together?

Also does anyone know where to get it and about what it costs?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Many people buy the belting a little longer and overlap/bolt to 2 or 3 grousers using slightly longer bolts.

jp11

If you want something that can be removed a bit easier..

I want to say the number is Flexco 550.

You can replace the 'pin' that they use (wire rope) with a grade 8 bolt in the proper length.

JP

teamster

Contact a supplier of conveyor belt. Don't do the over lap on a pleasure machine. I did that for the first year but darn soon changed it to connectors with bolts.

jp11

Does anyone else have any info??

Thought I had the link somewhere.

I used this place. Happened to be in my state, Maine. Sent dad by with the pickup to get it.

http://www.conveyor-belts-belting.com

I got used belting that was in really nice shape. I was only slightly disappointed in some of the variation in width, but I guess the stuff is easy enough to cut, just be careful what you consider the 'square' edge and make your marks off. The fit isn't crucial on width, but the grousers need to be right.

JP

IMP

Site Supporter
I have had excellent results using the 4 grouser overlap method for joining my belts. I'm not sure what the problem is some people have with it? I used conveyor belting that has held up well. PM me your email and I will send you the belting spec sheet and supplier contact info where I bought the belting for my J5

Mike8623

I've got a belting source, I was just wondering how, where and what to connect them together, if I have to do the overlapping splice I will, but would prefer to use connectors, just don't where to get them.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
pros and cons over laping is tough as nails one reason nodwell uses it also it is cheep like me. when working with wider tracks like my 2100 my vote is lacing, when dealing with wide multi belt tracks the over lap method would be hard to deal with. I will let you decide which one you want I have both little snow trac with lap method and Thiokol 2100 with lacing.

Mike8623

I have a thiokol 4t, it has two belts each side 10 inches wide per belt.

By the way I really use could a grouser or two, I'm one short on one side.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I wont have any 4-t stuff but if you only have 2 belts I wouldn't worry about lacing it is easy enough to do a lap joint in my snow tracs I use 3 grousers