• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Cars We Drove

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
PG's Close Your Eyes post brought this to mind.

I think this has been posted here before but I like it so I'm posting it again!
mrgreen.gif

The Cars We Drove

Watch for the Red 58 Olds. My Mom has the same car, a Super 88, except it was Mary Kay Pink before Mary Kay ever gave away a pink automobile. It had at least 100 pounds of chrome!

My brother had a GTO similar to the one shown and I had a 59 Chevy but I only saw a 60 in the pictures.

Jim

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:clap: Cool site Jim , I still love the the old cars & trucks . Newest truck I have is a 54 chevy flatbed:w00t2: Not counting my wifes durango though :biggrin:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was in high school I could tell you the make and model of almost everything going down the road. I learned to drive in a 51 GMC pickup.

Now I do good to tell what color it is much less who made it!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was in high school I could tell you the make and model of almost everything going down the road. I learned to drive in a 51 GMC pickup.

Now I do good to tell what color it is much less who made it!

Same here Jim , I dont even know what half the cars are anymore these days if there newer then 2002 or so & aint sure of some of the older ones other then chevy's . :unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
in the old days amercain automakers were proud of their products big name badges on the front and the name stamped int the tailgate now days it's a little sticker

mosi

Banned
Yep, things have changed for me. My buddies and I still cruise but just a little differently.

Attachments

• biker bar florida.jpg
    biker bar florida.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 61

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you much Jim. You just posted my entire child hood. And, yes, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
What a great trip to yesterday. I haven't seen that may '58 Impalas since '58. To me, it was far more cool than a '57- but no where near a '62 Impala Super Sport. Love the roadster with the flat head 8. They were fun to work on, ran like scalded ass apes and could be modified in oh, so many ways- if you had a JC Whitney catalog. Good times. Thanks.