• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A History Question

BoneheadNW

You know, I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time but never got the chance on TBN (probably would be deleted for not being relevant). I am relatively new to TBN compared to many of our members on this forum. I was curious as to how long each of you have know eachother and whether any of you have actually met. Also, some of you (Junkman, Bob Shurko, etc.) seem to be the brunt of many jokes. Where did that start? Can you guys fill me in on some history here?

Bonehead

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I only know one person off the tractor board, in person that is. Milkman and I knew each other years ago in the old neighborhood. I was the young punk out looking for trouble, and he worked at the gas station, (back when they pumped the gas). He recognized me in some way, not sure how but we have gotten together a couple of times since then.

other than that, I dont "know" anyone, but have many friends there I have never met.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I have also only met one other TBNer, all the rest are strictly online friends.

As far as Junk and Bob being the brunt of jokes, well for me it has always been a situation of "If I don't like you, I am going to ignore you. Since I am not ignoring you, I must like you."

Dave

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who I have met in person (including some that haven't made it here).
Vince (DK35Vince)
John (NIXON)
John (stonebase)
Rick (cj7)
Doug (DougM)
Frank (frank_f15)
Andy (AndyM)
Mike (PineRidge)
John (JASTN70D)
Bill (Henro)
Scott (HarleyScooter)
Ron (ronjhall)
Greg (gmsssi)

Have corresponded (e-mail and phone) with Dargo
Worked with Bob_Skurka on charitible initiatives.

I may have missed a couple but those are the ones I can think of right now (with no sleep).

Brian

daedong

I have spoken to many on the phone. On another forum (Americans/Canadians) that i visit i often talk using Skype. If anyone wants a chat, my skype user name is vinhats

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Spencer and I met about two years ago for lunch in my hometown. I am planning a trip that I might get to see Golfgar4 in the next month.

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've met Ron J Hall and I also met a former TBN member who posted under the name FFC Fencing, but I've not met any others.

I did find out that RobS went to Pike High School in Indianapolis with the lovely Mrs Bob.

I also found out that Dargo and I attended the same college at the same time. I was a Senior when he was a Freshman. Sadly I also found out that he broke my record in the annual 14 mile canoe race, which is something I can never forgive him for:mad:

I've become online friends with many folks, but never met them.

As for the jokes, or being the brunt of them, I think that some of us set ourselves up to allow that. I know I poke fun at myself (the famous "diesel stink in laundry" thread probably is the epitome of that). I sort of figure if I can make fun of myself then it allows others to do the same, and it creates no hard feelings when good natured joking occurs. I think Junk puts himself out there with far more humorous posts than I do, mine are usually more serious but I inject humor from time to time. People who post humor are probably more likely to accept the humorous jabs. I think?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Humour is definetly in order whenever your dealing with people in my experience. I used to wonder what was wrong with me when people didn't understand what I was saying. For the most part, I've found when people don't understand someone else, it's either because they don't want to, hung up on themselves, or you really are screwed up. Myself, I don't mind someone thinking there's something wrong with me, it makes them leave me alone and I can concentrate better on how to screw with them. Not really to hurt them, but maybe teach em something about themselves.

Yup, I've met a few guys from TBN, and enjoy every minute I spend with them. There's RonJHall, 5030, DocHeb,rdln, and woolyblue, who seems to have disappeared. Ron and I have set up a couple 3 or 4 get togethers, and we're having another one Oct 29. All are invited than can make it. No place is settled on yet because we don't know who all may be there.

I've also met on these two websites many others I'd like to meet, even on the wrong sides of the two ponds. :eek: