• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gas prices

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So, oil is down 20%. Gas is down less than 2%.

Where are all the Democrats decrying Obama's ties to big oil? Isn't that right, the President controls oil and gas prices.

At least youda thunk that a few years ago reading these pages. What happened?

Or is W still controlling oil and gas from his place in Texas. Some sort of secret society maybe?

Where's the press on this?

SOMEBODY is making HUGE profits under O's leadership, and that's a bad thing.

Jus'sayin'....

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah, Obama doesn't control oil prices as he doesn't have a vested interest in it such as previous administration did and let the oil industry set its own rules. The price of oil is based on dollars so as the dollar goes so does oil prices. It is like the morons that holler drill baby drill thinking it will lower oil prices but all the oil taken in the US goes into the rest of the world wide oil supply and that sets the prices for every one as it is a commodity now like pork bellies or soy beans.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll engage in this for the fun of it.:yum:
So, oil is down 20%. Gas is down less than 2%
It takes weeks before the price at the pump goes down as the price per barrel falls. There are existing inventories in the supply that where purchased and delivered at the higher price.

Where are all the Democrats decrying Obama's ties to big oil? Isn't that right, the President controls oil and gas prices.
I think I know what you are getting at. And you are right. Maybe during the Bush term there were some saying he was in control of high gas prices. The President doesn't control gas prices.
At least not as of yet.(some Executive order might make it so.. but none is in place.)

Where's the press on this?
It's a non issue. The price of gas will fall as it has before. It's tied to the price per barrel. (as u know)

SOMEBODY is making HUGE profits under O's leadership, and that's a bad thing.

I really get what you are saying. When gas was going through the roof under Bush - it was Bush's fault. No one is blaming the masiah.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Now only if the liberal Bush Bashers would walk their walk and talk their talk.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
At wot, I would be making 2700 horsepower. Fuel burn would be in the 1350 pound range, or about 200 gallons an hour.

But engines don't last long at wot. Generally, at cruise (50 mph or so), I get about .5 to1 mile per gallon.

330 gallons of fuel storage on board in two tanks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It takes weeks before the price at the pump goes down as the price per barrel falls. There are existing inventories in the supply that where purchased and delivered at the higher price.
But when the price per barrel goes up, it's reflected (increased) pretty quickly at the pump. This isn't a 2-way street...

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Lest we forget basic economics, the price of all goods and services are tied to supply & demand, as well as a little crap shooting by the oil companies that as the Summer warms up, the demand will increase. If people stick close to home and the supply exceeds the demand, we'll see a price decrease. they want to maintain steady production at the refineries, and not have huge surpluses sitting unsold in storage tanks. If there are surplus reserves of gasoline, the gubmit will also be losing the tax revenue from each unsold gallon just sitting there. It's a balancing act that sometimes gets out of control, but there is not just a single reason why the prices fluctuate as they do.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped to $2.85 today. Watching for a major drop to fill my farm tanks.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
The Wife filled Hers last nite 2.58 I,m hopin it stays down untill tommorow when my guy shows up to fill all of my fuel containers .

I just filled my tractor with the last 10 gallons of that 5 dollar deisel I had from awhile back & I thought I was damn lucky to get it for that then , sure seemed cheap compared to 9 bucks a gallon for kerosene though :unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I paid $0.039 per gallon yesterday. For 30 gallons, the total bill was $1.17 :) How I love these Fuel Perks... Last time I filled up, the total bill for 30 gallons was $0.00.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I paid $0.039 per gallon yesterday. For 30 gallons, the total bill was $1.17 :) How I love these Fuel Perks... Last time I filled up, the total bill for 30 gallons was $0.00.
My wife shops for us as well as the church she works for. Fuel perks rack up very fast that way, and I use them for my Chevy van with the 31 gal fuel tank. I take 5 gallon gas cans when filling up so I always get the max 30 gallons that Fuel Perks allows. I laugh when I see piss away fuelperks on the small cars 10-12 gallon fuel tanks. The store is the winner with those folks.