• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Really bad 10 days

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
10 days ago my aunt died.
7 days ago my partner died.
6 days ago a key employee's dad died.
4 days ago my warehouse manager's dad died.
Today my wife's mom died.

Can someone make this stop!

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Not a whole lot of good news coming your way Bob. I've had runs like that myself. Right now it's guys being divorced, 6 of them, and a couple suicides. Seems almost everyday has been a Monday. We'll both get thru it. Makes you think a little doesn't it? Good luck Bob. :wave: :beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Poof!!! (I just made it stop).

Bob, kidding aside, what a terrible streak you've had. I do hope it is now over and send my condolences to the family and friend of all that have passed.

Brian

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Gees Bob, you've not had a good 10 days. As you know, I'm on "the watch" for my 93 year old grandmother. Even though it was more spaced out, it still gets to me to think that 1 year ago I still had all 4 of my grandparents. Now I have only 1, and she has been sent home from the hospital to pass on.

This sort of thing just hangs with me for a while. First off, I do not know proper protocol at funerals, I feel awkward there, my emotions are up and down constantly, and I'm upset. However, I try to tell myself that each of my grandparents made it well into their 90's with relatively good health. I guess I should be so lucky. For whatever reason, that thought still doesn't help.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Every time my phone rings late at night or early in the morning, I jump up to answer it in a panic. I don't like this. I sincerely hope you are finished with your spell of deaths.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Bob.........When things settle down a little for you, plan a vacation or get together with the people who most matter to you in your life. Spend too much money , & take too much time off work & your daily routine while you're doing it. have a great time, & repeat it again within a year or so. Good times, good friends , good memories = Good life !! ( if some of your family or friends can't afford to be there, pay their way for them.......make them realize work isn't everything !) Best of luck to you in the future..........Tom

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys, several of you sent me PMs others sent me Emails. I do appreciate the condolences. Its been pretty rough. I'm down in Albuquerque now, its sort of hard to check messages, but I have a bit of time now so I figured I would just thank all of you for the messages, both public and private that I've gotten. I'll be down here through Wednesday so if you don't see/hear too much from me don't worry, it just that I have limited access and bigger things to worry about for the time being.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Thats totally understandable Bob. Your family is the important ones. It seems I'm not good with words at times like these, but I've been thinking of you. Take care of business then a break. Take care Bob.:)

AndyM

Charter Member
I sent a really long rambling PM but I got an error message when I sent it.
In a nutshell, I know what you're going through and let me know if there's anything I can do.

Andy

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi guys, things here are actually going along ok. As ok as they can be. I've spent some time repairing walls, doors, trim, etc. My MIL was in a wheelchair for years before she died, the wheelchair took its toll on some of the woodwork and drywall. I've got all the major holes patched, puddied, and sanded, hopefully today I'll get finish them off. Outside the yard is pretty grown over so I did quite a bit of pruning yesterday, more will have to be done. Basically all the little things have fallen into neglect over the past year since my FIL died. My SIL has been busy caring for her mom so the house has been slightly neglected, nothing major, just cosmetics, and I can't blame anyone for that.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Take care Bob, and you do have my sincere condolences. As you know, I have one more coming up sometime soon. I'm really concerned about a trip to Hawaii I'm scheduled to take in a couple of weeks. I just don't know what to do.

Hopefully all turns out as best as possible for you. Unfortunately, I sort of do know what you're going through. Hopefully you can get back to being the regular jerk in the Hawaiian shirt soon. ;)

Viking

Site Supporter
Bob, it's definately time to treat yourself to a new tractor when you get home. That will brighten your day.:jumpingSm