• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Possible new Forum? Tractor Related

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Question for you guys.

I've just posted a couple tractor related posts today (actually implements) and made a hydraulics post a couple days ago. Now I wonder if we should have a forum dedicated to tractor issues, perhaps another related to implements? Or should I just go over to Neil Messick's tractor forums for tractor stuff?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Possible new thread? Tractor Related

Bob; I only checked out Neils site once. Always meant to go back to it but haven't yet. Now sounds like a good time. Maybe a General Type forum on here? Hey, let the Junkman decide, this is his livingroom! :tiphat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Possible new thread? Tractor Related

I see no problem with it. If you guys will use it we'll create it. We'll start out with Bob's suggestion of one for tractor stuff and one for implements.

LarryRB

I check Neil's site no less than twice daily. He has some great company information in the lower right, an open forum to discuss various topics, and he has a section where people can volunteer their ideas, thoughts, cost and whatever pertaining to any branded tractor.. It really is an objective site, much, much different than TBN, Tractorpoint, or Tractorimplements.. And besides, that is who I bought the latest L 48 TLB from, is Neil...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I personally prefer to visit only one site, but I don't want this to sound like we are slighting Neil. I vote to have it all here, since the majority of us are already tractor people. Who know, we might even grow to have a Coyote Forum... :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tractor Forum and Tractor Implement Forum are now in place. Post away! :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
I personally prefer to visit only one site, but I don't want this to sound like we are slighting Neil. I vote to have it all here, since the majority of us are already tractor people. Who know, we might even grow to have a Coyote Forum... :)

I'll vote the other way.
I've invited people from other forums to join here. The subject matter here has been "relatively" general and I believe worthwhile regardless of what you bring (equipment wise) to the site. I would like to propose that new forum sections be created but have sticky threads pointing to sites that are dedicated to the expertise/subject.

Example: I'm a big fan of UTV's. I won't find that here. How about a UTV thread with sticky threads pointing to some good sites that discuss them.

Neil's site is fantastic. Loaded with info. How about a sticky thread pointing there?

Brian

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Neil's site too. I registered there, I almost never post there. But I do visit. My thought is this site is a fun place, but we really need to have some useful stuff here too. I really don't like going to a lot of sites. I joined a couple VW sites, I really backed off of 1 because of lack of posting on the other. We need to keep this site broad enough to get enough traffic to hold our interest, which is why I suggested the additions.

Perhaps a compramise? A couple GENERAL forums here for implements or basic tractor questions. A sticky to Neil's site for more detailed information, brand specific stuff, etc???

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
so where in tarnation is Neil's Site.

Murph,

www.compacttractorreview.com

Bob,

I like the compromise. Neil's site isnt setup to cover all brands and such (at least for now) but I would say that it may offer more than what the current membership here may be able to offer for the brands covered.

Brian

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Neil,
How about a link swap? We could do a sticky for your site and you could do the same for ours.
Hows that sound?
I asked Muhammod the same question .....still waiting on a reply. How RUDE! :mad:

I mean, if you don't want to just say no, no explanation needed. But he chooses not to reply at all. :moon:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hummmm.......I sense some ummmm..... just can't put my finger on it!

messickfarmequ

Charter Member
Yea, a sticky would be fine by me. Thanks for considering my site.
If you guys have any suggesitons on anything that would make it better let me know.