• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does anyone else put their off roaders to bed for the winter?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Just a thought, I wondered if anyone else puts their off roaders to bed for the winter and thought I would post these pictures in case they had not been spotted in my photo album! Little and large tucked up nicely in the first picture with the living wagon. Snowtrac is sharing a stable with Lady Rose the Scammell in the workshop, awaiting work, but out of the weather in the mean time.

Attachments

• Gone to bye byes for the winter 002.jpg
    Gone to bye byes for the winter 002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 158
  • Gone to bye byes for the winter 005.jpg
    Gone to bye byes for the winter 005.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 156

Eric L

Site Supporter
Sure, doesn't everybody? ...in the summer, the Sno-Cat goes in the back of the shop, Jeep goes in the front...reverse for the winter.

Eric

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you remove the battery? Or use a battery tender?

How about on small things like ATVs, scooters, etc?

What do you do to maintain the battery?

Do you drain the fuel or stabilize it?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Both the Jeep and the Foden, being ex military vehicls, have battery isolators, so that is no problem, just switch them off. If they are decent batteries and both have new ones, they have no problems. Lady Rose and the snow trac both have one battery lead disconnected and only reconnected if needing to be moved. Actually at present the Lady Rose is still connected as she was recently take out to get at the transfer gearbox from the Foden which had to be taken to Cheshire to be repaired (hopefully) and she can easily be put outside for work on the snowtrac. If any problems they are all within easy reach of a power point to put on battery chargers/jump starters, both 12volt and 24volt.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
It's not an 'off roader' but I have a 1990 F350 dually club cab that I only drive in the summer. It's almost completely rust free and I want it to stay that way. Besides, it's a diesel and really would rather be in Florida :D

The poor Thiokol was outside this summer but I'm working on one of those instant garages to store it in.