• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Talk to a human.....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
How many times have you called some well know National company and have had to push buttons incessently until you finally have gotten through to a human? Now there is a new data base that will help you to bypass the automatied systems by knowing what prompts to use. Here is the website with this knowledge and you can sort the information any way you like. By name, number, type of company, etc.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
How many times has a company LOST my business cause I do business with HUMANS not stupid answering machine, computer guided into the lost world of a human contact.

Bless you Junkman, but you might want to add some protection to your usual lineup, some of these companies may want a piece of you........

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
How many times have you called some well know National company and have had to push buttons incessently until you finally have gotten through to a human?

My experience is I have a 50/50 chance.
Either I'll connect to a place that has people, get put on hold for a long time then have the person on the other end try to pick up but "accidentally" disconnect me in the process. :mad:

The other 50% is I will reach someone. Unfortunately, their English is so bad, I can't understand what they're saying. :mad:

It's a lose/lose for me. I try their "contact us" on their website but rarily get any return correspondence.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool stuff Junkman! Good find!

Like others I hate having to wade thru all the selections only to have them decide a recording can probably take care of me. I quit Bank One for exactly that reason.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. I can tell you that Bank of America will disconnect you if you press "0" during the recorded message, and will also disconnect you if you press "0" only once after the initial recorded message. I recently ceased doing business with them after several years because of this issue. However, I've never taken the time nor trouble to tell them why. I can't believe that they have it programmed to drop the call if you press "0" after being on hold for 1/2 an hour waiting to speak with someone!! To me, that just seems stupid. I cannot imagine that NOT pissing anyone off. Oops! Can I say "pissing" here?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I can't believe that they have it programmed to drop the call if you press "0" after being on hold

I love this topic. We have people who answer our phones. It just about takes an act of congress to get past the office girls to get to me, especially if they don't know you as someone who is allowed to get to me, but at least they answer the phones! And most everyone else in the company can be reached far easier than getting to me. But that comes with rank:D In my industry I would say that 75% of the companies use computer answering systems, and at the size of my company and larger 90+% are computer. I hate it!

Personal service is not to much to expect when you are a customer.:eek:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Another of my pet peaves. YOU call the ISP or other communication service company dealing with internet connection issues.........and part of the answering service message is the try the internet for your answer........

HEY DIPSTICK, IF IT WORKED I WOULD NOT BE CALLING FOR ANSWERS AS TO WHY YOUR SILLY LOUSY SERVICE IS DOWN.:mad: :confused: :D :rolleyes: :eek:

v8dave

Wizard
B_Skurka said:
I love this topic. We have people who answer our phones. It just about takes an act of congress to get past the office girls to get to me, especially if they don't know you as someone who is allowed to get to me, but at least they answer the phones! And most everyone else in the company can be reached far easier than getting to me. But that comes with rank:D In my industry I would say that 75% of the companies use computer answering systems, and at the size of my company and larger 90+% are computer. I hate it!

Personal service is not to much to expect when you are a customer.:eek:

Bob, I've known some senior folks and wanted to get in touch with them. If there were in the ofice, I found that when I used a hobby interest as a leader--presto the magic door opened. Sometimes past the screener, but it always merited a check with the person I was calling and not just a message taken. Of course this was to competetion oriented amateur radio operators (Hams) or competetive sailors that were really into it. Sometimes, we take our hobbies really seriously. :rolleyes:

Not knowing your hobby interests, would this work for you?

Dave

OkeeDon

Oh, heck, you could get through to Bob in a second if you told his secretary, "I just located a new-in-the-box heater assembly for a snow track..." Of course, once you got through, you'd have to think fast to keep him on the line.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Oh, heck, you could get through to Bob in a second if you told his secretary, "I just located a new-in-the-box heater assembly for a snow track..." Of course, once you got through, you'd have to think fast to keep him on the line.

Dave I have to admit that Don is correct. Use a few special code words like TRACTOR or SNOW TRAC and you'd likely have me on the phone in half a heartbeat. But if Don calls we'd just end up talking politics and the worst part of that is Don is retired, and retired people are cheapskates so he'd probably call on my toll free lines and I'd end up paying to argue with him;)