• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Senate Dem seeks federal funding for diapers

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Unfriggen beleivable. :glare:

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) on Tuesday introduced legislation that would allow federal block grants that states now use to subsidize child-care services to also allow for the purchase of diapers and "diapering supplies."
The bill, S. 1778, would amend the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990 to allow diapers and related supplies to be bought with grant money provided to states. Under current law, the money is meant to subsidize child-care services to parents who are entering the labor force or are in job training and education programs. It also helps subsidize child-care services for certain eligible families.
Under the law, 4 percent of all funds must be used to improve the quality of child-care. A summary of Blumenthal's bill indicates that it would allow the purchase of diapers under this provision, as it would "include the provision of diapers and diapering supplies among the activities for which funds may be employed to improve the quality of and access to child care."
The federal program, called the Child Care and Development Fund, received $5 billion in fiscal 2011, which it distributed to all 50 states, the District of Columbia and scores of tribal governments. The program now helps to provide for an estimated 1.8 million children each month.
The program also received an extra $2 billion under the 2009 stimulus bill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/191371-senate-dem-seeks-federal-funding-for-diapers

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear diapers are high on the Senate's priority list. Damn the country and economy but hooray for diapers!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear diapers are high on the Senate's priority list. Damn the country and economy but hooray for diapers!
Most anything that's full of shit is probably high on the Senate priority list :clap::yum:

SShepherd

funny-captions-dude.jpg

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Geeze, that's not green, the Dem's are lost in reality, throwing away plastic diapers that will last 100 years is a Republican thing... Those A$$holes! Stealing our thunder!

Well at least they are starting to think normal!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This clearly shows how misguided our government has become. Take a parent's responsibility and transfer it to big brother. Diapers and parenting will be taken over by the government? This clearly allows more more of their welfare bucks to be used to buy crack and booze the addiction to and treatment of which will also be funded by big brother. Thus we have the total circle of dependency almost completed. Just need to fund replacement of breast milk. Wait ...we also have WIC etc. to feed the one end so it is only right that we take care of the other end.:w00t2:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Am I remembering correctly that it was only a few years ago that the environmentalists were trying to get rid of disposable diapers and advocating cloth wash-em-out diapers to help the environment?

mak2

I have not looked it up, but does Pampers or some other manufacturer have a lot of political clout in that state. Last I heard plastic diapers last many many years. Like water bottles.

Kane

This clearly shows how misguided our government has become. Take a parent's responsibility and transfer it to big brother. Diapers and parenting will be taken over by the government? This clearly allows more more of their welfare bucks to be used to buy crack and booze the addiction to and treatment of which will also be funded by big brother. Thus we have the total circle of dependency almost completed. Just need to fund replacement of breast milk. Wait ...we also have WIC etc. to feed the one end so it is only right that we take care of the other end.:w00t2:
It's a big effin deal, as Joe Biden would say. Would you vote for a Republican that's gonna take away yo diapers?

Enceladus

Site Supporter
Hey, think of the children, or why don't we just give their parents the money for more booze, smokes and drugs. It is called buying votes!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was a kid there were no disposable diapers.

Why don't they just get some cotton cloth and safety pins and do do what my parents did?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was a kid there were no disposable diapers.

Why don't they just get some cotton cloth and safety pins and do do what my parents did?
Silly boy, your parents started off with the premise that as their kid, you were their responsibility, and their reward.

I think that some mothers today look at kids as an inconvenient truth.