• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama halts controversial EPA regulation

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this a sign Obama is starting to understand the taxpayers are pissed ? :unsure:
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-halts-controversial-epa-regulation-143731156.html
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is sacking a controversial proposed regulation tightening government smog standards, bowing to the demands of congressional Republicans and some business leaders.
In a statement Friday, Obama said he had ordered Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lisa Jackson to withdraw the proposal, in part because of the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and uncertainty for businesses at a time of rampant uncertainty about an unsteady economy.
The announcement came shortly after a new government report on private sector employment report showed that businesses essentially added no new jobs last month — and that the jobless rate remained stuck at a historically high 9.1 percent.
The withdrawal of the proposed EPA rule comes two days after the White House identified seven such regulations that it said would cost private business at least $1 billion each. The proposed smog standard was estimated to cost anywhere between $19 billion and $90 billion, depending on how strict it would be.
The smog standard was among the Obama administration regulations that House Republicans said this week they would try to block this fall.
The move is sure to raise the ire of environmentalists, a core Obama constituency. In his statement, Obama said he was still committed to protecting public health and the environment.
"I will continue to stand with the hardworking men and women at the EPA as they strive every day to hold polluters accountable and protect our families from harmful pollution," he said

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Told ya ................... this really means "I'm in deep shit and my re-election is really important"

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe he found out folks want to be able to have lights and a/c they can still afford. Coal is essential to our energy future since all the green stuff ain't working out too well.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
He may be doing a lot of that shortly, he likes living in the White House and just may start to realize the gig is coming to an end with the course charted to the rocks.... May be (hopefully) for him to turn to save his job!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe he's found out the difference between running for president and actually being a president. I'm pretty sure he's the staple for the most incompetent administration to hold the office. It's goona be funto what the greenies and the progressive respond to this!!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Told ya ................... this really means "I'm in deep shit and my re-election is really important"

I ran across an interesting blurb the other day: A recent poll indicates that 27% of registered Democrats want the
party to nominate someone else for President in 2012!! :clap: