• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bulkhead doors

BadAttitude

Anyone have any experience with this style basement door ? I have a problem with wind driven rain leaking around the steel door(Bilco) I have now and would like to upgrade to something better...if there is one.

About a month ago, I inquired about this particular door and it seemed to address my concerns. Then I discovered the manufacturer had some type of manufacturing problem?...they would not disclose what it was...and put a hold on them until it was corrected.

Now they're available again...anyone know anything about this door or any suggestion for something else? The Bilco Ultra is about $500
bd_ultra_2.jpg

Thanx
BA

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Don't remember where I saw it, but there was a company that was making a one piece door that was hinged at the top and would lift up from the bottom like a one piece pick up box cover. It looked very well made and it resolved the problems of water since there were no breaks in the top cover. The sides of the hatch came over the sides of the edge frame to create a seamless unit that would withstand even driven rain water. Junk.....

BadAttitude

I saw one like that once...maybe ATOH? I think Silva was doing the install in MA? Looked to be something that would be perfect for my needs. Never found out who made it. Anyone know the brand name or a link?

Thanks Junk

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I remembered this evening while eating lunch. It was on Ask This Old House. Call the Public Broadcasting station in Boston and ask them. Usually they have that information at their fingertips.

Call 617-300-5400, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or, you can write to WGBH, P.O. Box 200, Boston, MA 02134.

BadAttitude

ahh...excellent, I'll call tomorrow:tiphat:

uh, btw..."I remembered this evening while eating lunch"
I think you sleep too much...:D

lunch is at...naah never mind :whistle:

BadAttitude

Junkman said:
Call 617-300-5400, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or, you can write to WGBH, P.O. Box 200, Boston, MA 02134.
Struck out calling...TOH now belongs to Time Life and all the data base went with the transfer.

It was suggested to try TOH's web site...BTDT before and didn't find who the manufacturer was.:(