• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It pays to pitch a bitch

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I am a platinum plus Visa Card member at BOA. I have banked there for over twenty years. I had never been late once on Visa payment. Until yesterday. My amount of less than two hundred dollars was due Sunday and I paid it (bank account transfer) Monday. One day for this I received a twenty five dollar penalty. That's right I was penalized over ten percent of the amount due. I was so into my rant that I didn't even notice that their rep. had already said that the penalty would be cancelled.
Oh, I even forgot to tell her that I once guarded their local call center and ruined my car's batter by jump starting so many of it's employees cars.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, it pays to call. Most CC companies will credit 1 late penalty fee every 12 months.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I made the mistake of thinking that their closing date was the same as the due date.
By the way I returned an electric shaver I had paid for with debit card Saturday and that wasn't credited back to my checking account until yesterday.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
So after being told that the Fee would be dropped I decided right before I went to bed to check that account online.
The Fee was still there. So I paid it with a transfer online. This morning I checked my email and saw another charge on that account. I had been charged $1.50 interest because my payment was late. I went on their website and my payment of that FEE was still pending.
So I called again just to ask if I would be charged a FEE for paying for that interest online. I was assured that the FEE and the interest would be removed within 24 to 48 hours. As of this evening they haven't been and my payment of the FEE is still pending. :ermm:
What will come next?

I HATE BOA! :furious::furious::furious:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they been good to me on checking saving's but 15 years ago I paid off the farm and never have got a deed. it could be a problem when I kill over.
jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
they been good to me on checking saving's but 15 years ago I paid off the farm and never have got a deed.
jim
As I recall, the bank just sends you a statement of the lien release. An initial letter that says they're filing it with the County and another after the County has recorded the release.

The County keeps the recorded deed. Our County has all the documents available online. Go to your County's web site and navigate around. You may see your deed there and read through it for the lien release.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I keep my Costco bill paid when due, but a couple of years ago when I received my annual membership bill of 50 bucks I promptly wrote the check and mailed it right out. So promptly, I forgot to put a stamp on it. About 10 days later there it is back in my PO box. With a long line at the stamp window, I took it home and it slipped my mind for a while. Finally I put a stamp on it and mailed it and it ended up a few days late because I am stupid.

They cancelled the late fee after I bitched, but too late as I was reported to whatever credit bureau as being a slacker and moron. This will cost you points in whatever complicated method they use to compute your credit rating.

Moral of the story, Costco has NO mercy. I have been with them for what must be 25 years now and never late until this. They reported me. They are totally heartless and without remorse. :yum:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
As I recall, the bank just sends you a statement of the lien release. An initial letter that says they're filing it with the County and another after the County has recorded the release.

The County keeps the recorded deed. Our County has all the documents available online. Go to your County's web site and navigate around. You may see your deed there and read through it for the lien release.
thanks for that tip. I figured I would need a lawyer.

tiredretired
we all know your not a slacker and moron and I never had a need for the credit rating yet. so I don't think much good about it.
jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's really odd about Costco.
We just renew the membership the first time (after it expired) we go into the store, right at the register with our purchases.

It should not be an automatic renewal. If you don't pay, all that happens is that your membership is over. They shouldn't be messing with your credit.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
thanks for that tip. I figured I would need a lawyer.

tiredretired
we all know your not a slacker and moron and I never had a need for the credit rating yet. so I don't think much good about it.
jim

Thank you Jim, but I felt like it on that day. LOL. I too do not need that credit rating either but it still pissed me off they would do that to me and cause it to go down. Even on something I don't use per se.

That's really odd about Costco.
We just renew the membership the first time (after it expired) we go into the store, right at the register with our purchases.

It should not be an automatic renewal. If you don't pay, all that happens is that your membership is over. They shouldn't be messing with your credit.

I use the costco card to pay. It is their credit card I guess. They accept very few of any cards other then their own and AE as I understand it. The membership renewal was automatically put on the card at the due date. I bitched about that too.

They quickly pulled the late charge but explained they could not "un ring" the bell on the late payment to FICO or whomever. I was pissed at the time and wanted to quit them altogether but wifey calmed me down.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use the costco card to pay. It is their credit card I guess. They accept very few of any cards other then their own and AE as I understand it.
I heard a rumor that they're going to start accepting all credit cards. Don't know the details.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I checked today and it looks like they did reverse the charge and cancel the interest. For some reason I have two BOA Visa credit cards. I never use the other one I just keep it locked in my safe.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You may need to pull it out of the safe now and then.

I think many banks close your CC account if not used in something like a year.