• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track-Master price reduced at Peterson Equipment.

utahwilson

Track-Master price reduced at PetersonEquipment in Utah. The owner sent me an email on the track-master. He graciously brought the price down to 15k from 25k as an end of season pricing. I would have claimed DIBS.

http://www.petersonequipment.com/used/snowmaster/Untitled.html

However, my brother in-law borrowed my truck over the weekend and returned it with a full tank of gas. While appreciated on his part on filling the tank up with gas it would have been much better if he filled it with Diesel instead of gasoline.:glare::sad: That said, my truck now is in the shop and am expecting to have to replace injectors, fuel pumps...etc. Since, my brother in-law is a school teacher here in Utah and has 5 kids I'm pretty sure its coming out of my snowcat budget. While I hesitate to mention the price drop. I do appreciate all the advice I have received on these forums and felt compelled to let you all know. Hopefully, someone on the FF will snatch it up and give it a good home.

dansvan

You shouldn't have to replace anything. Just drain and refill with proper fuel. Just had to do that on a customers 7.3 powerstroke this weekend. Drained 18 gallons of mix out, topped off and it drove and ran fine. Mercedes still authorizes 10% unleaded in their diesels in severe cold weather.

utahwilson

That would be best case scenario. However, he drove it for about seven miles until is stopped dead in the street and then spent 15 minutes trying to start it up.

vtmtnbob

Thanks for posting, I just received delivery it is a very nice machine. i just need to get the carburetors adjusted for loss of 4000 feet from its old home at Peterson's Equipment (great folks to deal with) to its lower farther east home in Vermont :)

I am looking forward to snow! I will read through the forum some more before i ask questions that have already been asked.

vtmtnbob

Here is a picture of the the track masters new home with my two helpers
snowtrac.jpg

snowbird

With competent looking assistants like those, I bet you'll be ready for snow in no time at all! Congratulations on the helpers and the machine.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That would be best case scenario. However, he drove it for about seven miles until is stopped dead in the street and then spent 15 minutes trying to start it up.

That shouldn't have mattered, a good flushing and it should be fine. If they tell you differently, you might want to get a second opinion...