• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wiring Diagram for VW engines

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Heres a wiring Diagram that can be used for most VW powered Snowcats . It will get you the basic information to trouble shoot a problem wire .

Attachments

• bug-66_67.jpg
    bug-66_67.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 165

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
You mean the battery isn't suppose to be green with all sorts of fuzzy stuff growing on it?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You mean the battery isn't suppose to be green with all sorts of fuzzy stuff growing on it?

Probably not :doh:.

I have just started running my new wire harness on my VW powered snow cat and this was a huge help .Lots of good stuff on the internet to get help from . This was the best I saw .

I know a few years back Bob S . was having an issue with his motor killing the batterey . Hope this helps

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Before I get hammered , This came from another web site but I only saved the picture to my personal folder .

So cool down ... I'm not trying to steal your sunshine , I just think this is a great diagram .

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Probably not :doh:.

I have just started running my new wire harness on my VW powered snow cat and this was a huge help .Lots of good stuff on the internet to get help from . This was the best I saw .

I know a few years back Bob S . was having an issue with his motor killing the batterey . Hope this helps

Bet a nickle that he didn't have the voltage regulator wired to the ignition switch and when it was shut off, the voltage regulator was still powered on the relay and the battery went down after a day or two....

Am I close....?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Before I get hammered , This came from another web site but I only saved the picture to my personal folder .

So cool down ... I'm not trying to steal your sunshine , I just think this is a great diagram .

And here I was going to give you Kudos for drawings such nice straight lines.... Not to mention such brilliant use of colors...