• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tea Party groups join into federation to share information

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like several independent Tea Party groups are forming a new federation. The individual Tea Party groups will remain independent from each other but the federation of them will be used to help coordinate efforts, channel information and to share knowledge and information. It seems to make sense to me.

When I first saw the story I was worried that they were going to run 3rd party candidates and, in my opinion, that would be a disaster at this point in time. Perhaps at some point in the future it might make sense to form a political party, but I don't think it it would work well now.

Tea party leaders announce new federation
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100408...vajZzaTFyBHBvcwMxNQRzZWMDdG9wBHNsawNwcmludA--
By BRIANA BIERSCHBACH, Associated Press Writer

ST. PAUL, Minn. – Several tea party leaders announced plans Thursday to form a national federation to promote the movement's conservative message and to counter the idea that the tea parties are politically unsophisticated and disorganized.

Tea party leaders from Memphis, Tenn., Richmond, Va., and Orlando, Fla., along with representatives of several other groups announced the new National Tea Party Federation during a rally outside the Minnesota Capitol. They said 21 tea party groups around the nation had joined the federation.

Memphis Tea Party founder Mark Skoda said recent media coverage had questioned whether the conservative tea parties, which number in the thousands nationwide, were too loosely organized to be politically effective in the national midterm election. He said the federation intends to convey a unified message about the tea party's brand of fiscal conservatism, which emphasizes limited government, less public spending and free markets.

He said the organization also hopes to rebut allegations about the movement: "Everything from calling the tea party members racist, that we are violent, that somehow we are fermenting another Kristallnacht. These accusations are indeed false and they won't stand."

The organizers said that the federation does not intend to direct activities by the farflung groups, but to improve communications among them, along with affiliate groups such as Americans for Tax Reform, Let Freedom Ring and Citizens United.

One of the affiliated organizations, the Family Research Council, works primarily to oppose abortion rights and gay marriage. Skoda said the tea party movement would not make those issues part if its core mission but could still find points of common ground with conservative social-issue groups.

"The family needs to have low tax rates, choice on health care, no mandate on health care, and the automony to make decisions. The family is an important part of our strategy," Skoda said.

D

darroll

It looks like the GOP is getting their feathers plucked.
I won't send them anymore money. They just scare the women with their only stance, no abortions.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like the GOP is getting their feathers plucked.
I won't send them anymore money. They just scare the women with their only stance, no abortions.
So, does that mean that ALL women want to kill their unwanted babies, or that they just want to reserve the right to kill them as an option at a future time? Will ALL women flock to the democrats because of this single issue? Is this fear you speak of shared by ALL women? Please cite your source so we can see if ALL women share this fear. FWIW, I just asked my wife if she was scared because someone online said that women were scared because the republicans only stance is that of being against abortion. Her response was "That's bullshit." (I don't argue, regardless of her stance on the issues. She's always right...she told me so.)

Please send ME the money you were going to send to them. I promise to put it to good use. I'll PM my PayPal account info to you for the transfer.

Oh, and if you re-read the article, you will see they are joining forces to have a stronger, unified voice. Where do you get plucked feathers from this?

D

darroll

What I was trying to say.
The republicans seem to only have one agenda. Abortion.
This turns off the young gals.
I’m a tea party type republican.
Also being a man, I don’t think we should force a gal to have a baby.
Abortion is none of men’s business right or wrong.

mak2

I heard Rush say yesterday the election after this one the winner would depend on which type of Republican got elected this time. Sounded to me like Rush thinks the Repub party is split.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I like the Tea Party, but don't think they should field a "Party Candidate", but more pick who is a good person to vote for, from either party.

Watering down the vote is what takes good energy, divides it and the third party wins.

Would rather see the "Best" guy win, from either party. Both have Conservative members that want to do what is right for the Country, not for themselves and party.

D

darroll

We love our hero McCain….. but…
We told the GOP when they called for support that McCain is too damned old.
They hung up on us.
We need a new face to run for Prez.
We can’t win back the white house without the younger peoples vote.