• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new beater

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have $1700 dollars in it. 1996 Chevy 4.3L 4WD, work truck, 160K. Bought it for $700 which included the transmission that needed replaced. Best friend has a auto parts chain, all parts were at cost. Neighbor is a car guy, lets put it this way, he owed me a favor.

Here's the parts list .......

Lower ball joints
4 shocks
Gas tank and filler neck
Brake pads and shoes
Wires, plugs, and fuel pump module
Oil change and filter
Tilt steering wheel installed
Undercoat
Gravel guard

Body work (great overall) .....

Pressure washed the whole thing, under and over
Sured up the frame rear draw bar area for pulling a 7x12
Fixed one small hole on right side cab corner
Undercoated and sprayed a strip of white gravel guard on the lower 6"s

Drove it all weekend ............... :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_4820.JPG
    IMG_4820.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 137

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
That era of chevs are hard to beat, well built and they won't nickle and dime you bad. Had a '94 and sometimes wish I'd kept it. Mine had a 350 and from what I've heard you'll like the 4.3 gas mileage.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Three thumbs up on that deal.

Beats mine all to hell.

I just repoed a 2007 Dodge minivan, bought for a friend who never paid and put 100,000 miles on it. I have $5 K in it and it still looks like crap.

She was a smoker and it stinks as well. I'll trade you even anytime.:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best 1700 truck I've seen. I sold my 93 Cheby step side for 1700 in 2009. I had 200k on the 350 in it. Still ran good but had rust issues. The nephew in law that bought it drove the hell out of it and sold it a couple years ago. Last I saw it was a year go ..still chugging along. That era was like a rock. :thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn nice truck. Great shape. If that was up here itd be a total rust heap by now. Heck. Mine is a 2007 and I'm battling the rust.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Great deal. Being a Genital Motors truck did it come with the magnetic front bumper and tail gate? Those come in handy picking up all those Chevy parts laying around in the road. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Just jiving ya! :biggrin:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's funny how you can spend less on a vehicle than an utv. I think I'd rather spend 3-5K on an old Toyota 4cyl 4x4 - more useful.