• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , me too but my septic tank is screwed up. We're digging it out tomorrow ... if we can find it. An interesting few days in my future.

The weather is grey, damp and miserable but it's still getting up in to about 50 during the day. In 2 days we're supposed to be back to freezing as another cold front comes through. You can keep those minus temps. My arthritic old body wouldn't function at those temperatures.

That doesn't sound like fun, Frank.

This cold blast isn't supposed to last that long.
I've got my water meter wrapped and the heat tape on under the house (thanks to the guys who look out for me), so fingers crossed my pipes don't freeze.
I also have a tap dripping just in case.

Tomorrow I am staying in!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Weatherman says its -2 to -6 this morning depending upon the spot. Colder farther away from Lake Michigan, warmer closer to the shore. Wind chills are -15 to -25.

We have 4" of snow on the ground and another 4" on the way this weekend but I won't be here to shovel that batch. Flying to New Mexico for a week to visit Albuquerque and Santa Fe, then to return before Christmas.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, same here. At -40 Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same. I guess that means we get to enjoy the same temps. :yum:

I gotta say right now it is damn cold out there. Just got a snow squall with 20 MPH winds and it was nasty. Now the sun is out but it didn't warm things up a bit.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Just another wonderful winter week in Wyoming. It warms up to 30F for one day then drops to -20F+ every few days this month. We did have a mild fall and now paying for it. I really don't mind it too much after living this way for 66 years. People to the east get ready another one is headed your way courtesy of global warming. :w00t2:
Noname 1.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Flying to New Mexico for a week to visit Albuquerque and Santa Fe, then to return before Christmas.

Don't leave the "winter woolies" at home. It's supposed to get real cool this week-end. Not as cold as at home but definitely nippy. That same cold front is supposed to hit us on Saturday or Sunday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
First day of the dreaded Canadian square tires. Felt like I had 4 flat tires till they warmed up

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
First day of the dreaded Canadian square tires. Felt like I had 4 flat tires till they warmed up

Pickups aren't as bad as some cars with square tires. My wife's Sonata is much worse then the truck.

Good old square tires. Another gift from Canada.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's so cold here today even the devil would frost his nuts. Lmao.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Currently snowing and the wind is howling like a banshee.

So friggin' cold I chopped up the piano for firewood but only got two chords. :yum::yum::yum:

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
First big storm of the season. Roads airports and schools are closed.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16 - MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Temp
Feels like
POP
Snow
Wind
Wind gust

Fri
9 am
16.png

-12°C
80%
~1 cm
N68
km/h
km/h

Fri
10 am
16.png

-12°C
70%
<1 cm
N71
km/h
km/h

Fri
11 am
16.png

-11°C
70%
<1 cm
N73
km/h
km/h

Fri
12 pm
16.png

-12°C
70%
<1 cm
NW72
km/h
km/h

Fri
1 pm
16.png

-12°C
60%
<1 cm
NW72
km/h
km/h

Fri
2 pm
16.png

-12°C
60%
<1 cm
NW72
km/h
km/h

Fri
3 pm
16.png

-12°C
40%
<1 cm
NW68
km/h
km/h

Fri
4 pm
16.png

-12°C
40%
<1 cm
NW64
km/h
km/h

Fri
5 pm
26.png

-13°C
40%
<1 cm
NW59
km/h
km/h

Fri
6 pm
26.png

-13°C
40%
<1 cm
NW55
km/h
km/h

Fri
7 pm
20.png

-14°C
30%
-
NW51
km/h
km/h

Fri
8 pm
20.png

-14°C
20%
-
NW49
km/h
km/h

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Still cold as hell this morning and now the weatherman says snow for Saturday and RAIN for Sunday. Gotta warm up a hell of a lot to rain. We shall see. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now..
17°F
Feels Like: 5°

Today
Generally cloudy. High 23F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight
Periods of snow this evening will transition to a wintry mix overnight. Low 21F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow and ice expected.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
WARNING! Ice on the road in Florida!

Attachments

• IMG_4374.JPG
    IMG_4374.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 131

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
-12 last night, 10cm snow from 4.30 this morning til 3pm then the temp shot up to +2 and we had rain for 3 hours.
As I type this we have clear skies and -4, the temp is supposed to drop to -18 by morning with wind chill of -31. WTH...Crazy damn weather..:unsure:
At 4.30 this morning the wind was NE then it went E,SE,S,SW, W, right now its NE. Don't know if it will go North? May as will..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeuup, it's gonna get cold tonight and tomorrow again.

10 right now, going down to -2 over night.
16 tomorrow/8 at night.
Then back to something more tolerable for a while.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeuup, it's gonna get cold tonight and tomorrow again.

10 right now, going down to -2 over night.
16 tomorrow/8 at night.
Then back to something more tolerable for a while.

Yikes!!! East Texas is cold enough for me and it's only getting in to the low 20s in the morning but God darn, that wind is blowing.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Remember, spring is just around the corner :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_4396.JPG
    IMG_4396.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 173

Leni

We've actually had rain over the last two days and more predicted for the weekend. It is a bummer that it will rain on Christmas but considering the circumstances, I'll take it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's back up to -2 today. And now they are calling for apparently 30-40cm of snow Christmas day. Guess I'll have to call the guy I've hired to do the driveway. Haven't needed him yet this year.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It went from 70 to raining and cold the past few days and I sure am feeling it.
The leg I bent up in my truck wreck and my left hip are bothering me.