• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GM Sucks!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
What a suck company GM is. They got huge taxpayer loans to keep their worthless asses afloat. Of course this was really so the even more worthless asses of the UAW could keep their jobs and make crappy vehicles all at the same time. Now, GM is basically packing their bags more and more every day to China and Mexico. Funny, I did not see or recall China or Mexico bailing their worthless asses out. We did.

Now Trump has had just about enough, by the sounds of it. :yum:

Go get em Donald. I would never buy a GM vehicle. Ever.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.38.23 AM.png

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Powertrain plant in Defiance used to employ thousands.
Now, whenever you drive by there the employee parking lot looks like a ghost town.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
GM management took US government and USA taxpayers for fools. Yet Americans still buy their products.

So having scammed both the Gubmit and the consumer, why should they care what Trump says?
There products do look nice but,,,; I wouldn't touch one, not one.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
GM is a terrible company. Reading what you have said about American tax payers bailing them out and them running to China and Mexico makes me laugh given my experience with them. My Mom bought a 1994 Saturn SL1. It was her first car and a very proud moment for her. She was diagnosed with cancer later that year. GM financial decided that she bought the car knowing that she was sick and they sued her to get the car back. They lost and she kept the car. I can tell you that the last thing someone who has just been diagnosed with cancer needs is to be sued by a major corporation. I made myself a promise that I would never buy a GM vehicle. Kinda wish the American people would have been as callus during their crisis as they were with hers.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
GM is a terrible company. Reading what you have said about American tax payers bailing them out and them running to China and Mexico makes me laugh given my experience with them. My Mom bought a 1994 Saturn SL1. It was her first car and a very proud moment for her. She was diagnosed with cancer later that year. GM financial decided that she bought the car knowing that she was sick and they sued her to get the car back. They lost and she kept the car. I can tell you that the last thing someone who has just been diagnosed with cancer needs is to be sued by a major corporation. I made myself a promise that I would never buy a GM vehicle. Kinda wish the American people would have been as callus during their crisis as they were with hers.

I think most American people were that callus during the crisis of the Auto Industry and the banks circa 2006-2008. When the CEO's all flew their private jets to DC to "beg" for money we got real callus about iot.

but Our President decided to pick winners and losers.
Ford got Zip
Chrysler got sold to a near bankrupt foreign company
GM got loads of cash and a release from former debtors.

I'm betting most have forgotten this when they sign the cheap contract for that sleek new Impala.

Last edited:

Bamby

As much as capitalism is toted here just way is anyone complaining about GM's perfect example of it's efficiency taking place. Patriotic Nationalism, or people cannot be allowed to stand in the way of profits for the company and its stockholders...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As much as capitalism is toted here just way is anyone complaining about GM's perfect example of it's efficiency taking place. Patriotic Nationalism, or people cannot be allowed to stand in the way of profits for the company and its stockholders...

No! This is not a perfect example of how capitalism works. It is a perfect example of how Fascism works. The government decides who wins and loses.

Both GM and Chrysler both should have go to full bankruptcies and their assets been sold at auction. Their brands, their factories, their distribution systems, all had market value. That is how capitalism works when managers fail their responsibilities to the consumer and the workers.

Bamby

If we really had the ability to look through all the books I'd bet in the end you'd find that the government actually baled out the banks and made their leans against GM hole at taxpayers expense.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If we really had the ability to look through all the books I'd bet in the end you'd find that the government actually baled out the banks and made their leans against GM hole at taxpayers expense.
The Government did bail out the damn banks.
And no, the bondholders got skunked.

What's your point?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know the local plant downsized like crazy 2 years ago.
Of over 1,100 employees, they have not many left who are on the actual production end of things.
I heard they're still hanging on to more maintenance employees and others than line workers.
Wow, that doesn't make much sense.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Been a GM man for a lot of years but they are driving me away. What really rankles me is the CEO is paid $22million a yr. How much does that add to the price of a car, SUV or P/U??
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Been a GM man for a lot of years but they are driving me away. What really rankles me is the CEO is paid $22million a yr. How much does that add to the price of a car, SUV or P/U??
Mike

Hey, If you somehow wangled $1.9 Billion in free money out of the Federal government for my company, I'd give you $22 million of it.

Then I'd fire your sorry ass for violating company policy

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Boy Sean, that story about your Mom really pisses me off. I've forgotten what a charmer that GMAC was. That was just so not right and I am glad she won.

Easy for me to stay away from GM, I am a Ford truck guy 110%. Been driving one now for over 14 years and 160K and she runs like a top. At the same time I bought the Ranger in 05, a buddy bought a S-10. Wasn't long before that POS started leaving parts and pieces behind after every bump. He got rid of it and bought a Ranger. :yum: I said, I Told You So!! LOL.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gms Canadian plant in s Ontario got government funding a few years ago to bail them out. How did they repay? By announcing that they are closing the plant and moving it to Mexico.

I gave gm a shot when I bought my truck. But the truck rode rougher, felt underpowered, and was uncomfortable to sit in. Once upon a time I would have said the opposite.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Gms Canadian plant in s Ontario got government funding a few years ago to bail them out. How did they repay? By announcing that they are closing the plant and moving it to Mexico.

I gave gm a shot when I bought my truck. But the truck rode rougher, felt underpowered, and was uncomfortable to sit in. Once upon a time I would have said the opposite.

Canadian eh!!!

What does that avatar say? I cannot read it. I tried a magnifying glass, but got pixeled to death. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that during that whole rigmarole Ford said they didn't want any Government money and the other two held out their hands.

Having said that, I've always been a Ford truck guy. I've never owned a GM or Chrysler product and swore that I'd never buy any of their vehicles. Okay, 3-years ago I was looking for a vehicle to tow behind the RV four down and the best, lightest and easiest vehicle out there …. Cadillac SRX. So, I bought my first GM car. It's been good, no complaints, except for the info screen and GPS which has gone out twice but was repaired under warranty both times. When I get rid of the RV in a few years the Cadillac goes right after it. I'm not that crazy about it. I don't know what I will get to replace it. I've got a yearning for a Jaguar F-pace but I've got a few years to think about it.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ford, just like Hinsdale College, knows that once you accept Fed Charity it comes with a price too big to handle.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been a Chevy guy since I was 16. I've had Chevelles more than any other car, and lots of Chevy trucks. 69, 73, 83, 93 and now a 2005. I've been happy with all of them. The 05 still does good and only has 77k miles on it. It is used for towing the boat and UTV more than any other duty. I will have it for at least a few more years but sad for me to say it will be my last Chevy / GM product.
I will always admire the 60's Chevy muscle cars. The Chevelles, Camaros and Novas. But I do not plan to ever spend the big bucks to own one of them.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been a Chevy guy since I was 16. I've had Chevelles more than any other car, and lots of Chevy trucks. 69, 73, 83, 93 and now a 2005. I've been happy with all of them. The 05 still does good and only has 77k miles on it. It is used for towing the boat and UTV more than any other duty. I will have it for at least a few more years but sad for me to say it will be my last Chevy / GM product.
I will always admire the 60's Chevy muscle cars. The Chevelles, Camaros and Novas. But I do not plan to ever spend the big bucks to own one of them.

I have owned one Chevy in my life. 1960 Impala convertible 348 with Tripower and a manual tranny. I loved that car.

Oldsmobile's back in the seventies and early eighties when they were still Detroit Iron. My job at Enterprise meant GM cars were a bargain and we drove 88's and 98's. My FIL drove Buicks and Cadillac's for the same reason.

Then came Lee Iacocca.
Pure Mopar and Mercedes since '84.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm happy with our '01 chevy 1/2 ton 4WD. 134k on the clock so it may outlast me. If the time comes to get a new one it won't be GM.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had ford dodge gm. They've all got their pluses and minuses. Ones no better than the other. But what other options are there for full sized trucks with a minimum 6ft box that'll haul a 33 ft camper?

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My SIL has a 2016 Nissan Titan crew cab and she has a 27’ travel trailer It seems to be fine.

Jim

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My SIL has a 2016 Nissan Titan crew cab and she has a 27’ travel trailer It seems to be fine.

Jim

It's not a 3500 Dodge but the Titan is a nice big truck.
Well built.

Now that the Japanese and Koreans are building trucks here, they will get there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

Jim
I forgot about Nissan. Do they have a full size box on their crew cab or is it like Toyota where you have to settle for a wheelbarrow sized box if you want the crew cab? That's one thing I love about my f150. Huge cab with plenty of room along with a regular size box.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot about Nissan. Do they have a full size box on their crew cab or is it like Toyota where you have to settle for a wheelbarrow sized box if you want the crew cab? That's one thing I love about my f150. Huge cab with plenty of room along with a regular size box.

Canadian eh!!!

Hers looks like a 6 ft box. I don’t know if an 8 is available.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You're right. Looks like a 6ft box is available for the crew cab Nissan. I find them butt ugly and boxy on the front end though.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You're right. Looks like a 6ft box is available for the crew cab Nissan. I find them butt ugly and boxy on the front end though.

Canadian eh!!!

But you’re inside. You can’t see that it’s butt ugly! :bolt:

You realize how long a crew cab with an 8’ box and a 33’ travel trailer is?

A
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=qDxVJ471hyg"]GIVE ME 40 ACRES by THE WILLIS BROTHERS - YouTube[/ame]
A

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You realize how long a crew cab with an 8’ box and a 33’ travel trailer is?

A
GIVE ME 40 ACRES by THE WILLIS BROTHERS - YouTube
A

No, but I know how long a Ford 350 crew cab with an 8' bed towing a 40' 5th wheel is. That song by the Willis Brothers sums it up exactly. :smile::smile::smile: That's how, when I lost my parking spot for the fiver at the farm, I got rid of it. There was no way I was backing that sucker through the gate and all the way up my winding driveway to the house.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yes. Now add my scooter trailer lift on the back of the camper that adds another 6 feet on the back. With 6 kids, we need that kind of setup ideally we'd have a 3/4 ton suburban pulling it but the truck or the Yukon both do the job.

Canadian eh!!!