• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB late model wide kristi drive sprockets

KT3survivor

I realize its a long shot but i would love to find a set of the modified wider drive sprockets that came on very late production and factory refurbished kristi cats. or even just one cog in order to measure, reverse engineer and recreate the part.

Attachments

• IMG_20180319_082850.jpg
    IMG_20180319_082850.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 232

luvthemvws

There was a couple pairs of them advertised a few months ago. They wanted only (?!!) $2000 for a pair.
Though I was interested, I decided to keep my limbs and my reproductive anatomy instead.
The normal source for such items was not interested in producing them (understandably, there is such a limited market).
I think I am going to attempt to produce a pair of my own (when weather and time allows such an outdoors project.)
As you mentioned, even a thoroughly used original to copy would be great!

KT3survivor

There was a couple pairs of them advertised a few months ago. They wanted only (?!!) $2000 for a pair.
Though I was interested, I decided to keep my limbs and my reproductive anatomy instead.
The normal source for such items was not interested in producing them (understandably, there is such a limited market).
I think I am going to attempt to produce a pair of my own (when weather and time allows such an outdoors project.)
As you mentioned, even a thoroughly used original to copy would be great!

thanks for the info ken! were they advertised here on the forum??

luvthemvws

Could they be that simple? Certainly looks that way.
What model of pre-1970s forklift used wheels with the 6-bolt flange made on them? All the modern examples I find use the press-on arrangement that would require a flange welded to the center for attachment. Would that ruin the rubber bond to the center?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I quess I would look for a press on wheel with close measurements to start or one with a plate inside and then either create a press in hub to match or machine the center that’s already there to match.

Freezing them makes he rubber easier to turn in a lathe

Centers can be welded in but needs to be stitch welded and cooled with a wet rag or lay in a pan of water just below center plate or the rubber will release from the core.